PDA

View Full Version : Yellow-eyed Junco

Kurt Bowman
03-14-2021, 06:50 AM
This has been a very hard bird for me to get on a perch. They love foraging on the ground and when they perch it is only for a few seconds or on a bus with many branches, so I was happy with this.
Sony a9ii, 200-600mm with 1.4 TC
1/320 at f11, ISO 3200

Joseph Przybyla
03-14-2021, 08:18 AM
Hi Kurt, pretty little bird, aptly named. You did well with the backlighting. Nice colors, pure background. At first I thought the bird was a tad over sharpened but now I don't think so. Thank you for sharing.

Jack Backs
03-14-2021, 10:37 AM
Nice BG and feather detail. Maybe clone out the branch to the back, I find it distracting.

Andreas Liedmann
03-14-2021, 12:54 PM
Hi Kurt ... nice clean shot .
Good solid pose of the subject , does work well with the chosen composition .
Nice colors ... personally I might go less heavy in the darker tones , I bet there is a ton of more detail hidden .
Very cool contrasting eye !!!

TFS Andreas

Daniel Cadieux
03-14-2021, 04:38 PM
With the bright background this would have looked great with a touch of fill-flash (or processing that looks that way). Great bird, one we don't see often posted. Good perch and comp - I like how you kept the "thorn" in the frame in the LRC.

Dorian Anderson
03-14-2021, 08:02 PM
Assume this was in AZ? I think this is the first one I've seen on this board. Darker birds on light backgrounds are tough, but I think this looks pretty good. I agree that a touch of fill flash woulda taken this to the next level. Details looks great, and the curious head tilt is very nice. Out view goes right to that yellow eye, so that's good!

David Roach
03-15-2021, 04:15 PM
I really love the birds darker tones against the bright BG in this one. I also like the brighter BG just behind but would tone down the UL corner. This treatment really makes that eye pop... TFS