PDA

View Full Version : Dancing with the Kamtchatka Bears

Andreas Liedmann
03-12-2021, 03:50 PM
Hi folks ... some nice action from Kambalnaya River .

Canon EOS 1Dx II
EF 200 - 400 IS L at 240 mm
HH

F 5,6 ; ISO 3200 ; 1/1600 sec

Processed with C1 and PSCC 2021 ; left the colors somehow intense .... albeit it was heavy overcast and might have been overall tad cooler in the overall appearance in terms of WB .

THansk for watching and commenting to my previous posting .

Cheers Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
03-16-2021, 12:40 PM
Great action captured here Andreas, impressive body language and aggression from the bears!

Super framing and pose, well exposed and I like the ' intense' colours as well as textures in the wet fur.

You've processed this very well and it works for me as presented, thank you so much for sharing!

Kind regards,

Jonathan Ashton
03-16-2021, 03:21 PM
It's a belter Andreas, love it, I like the bears but I think I would lower the saturation on the greens a little bit. Otherwise tickety boo.

Andreas Liedmann
03-17-2021, 12:30 PM
Thanks Gabriela and Jon for your comments , much appreciated .

Jon .... I could go less saturated in the greens , will try and change the hue to a more cooler tone .

haseeb badar
03-23-2021, 12:20 PM
Hi Andreas -- Have missed your posts all these days, glad i am again able to post and comment to one of your post. This is such a wonderful image. Liked so many elements here, the play fight , splashing water, drool, and so on. You have captured a very nice frame, conveying the action in that moment. Nice IQ as always and the tones are perfect Imo.

Nicely done,
TFS !

Andreas Liedmann
03-23-2021, 12:49 PM
Hi Haseeb ... thanks a very big bunch for your kind words , much appreciated .
It was for sure a spectacular , albeit short , scene that I witnessed .
We had really a great time at the narrow Kambalnaya river ....

Cheers Andreas

BTW .... at the moment I am trying to shoot songbirds in my backyard :2eyes2::2eyes2::2eyes2: .... very different to something like the post . But it is somewhat fun , at least I use my kit and have something to work on in the digital darkroom .

haseeb badar
03-23-2021, 01:06 PM
I am certainly going to start with backyard photography with whatever opportunities i get.

Marc Mol
04-02-2021, 02:41 AM
Classic Bear action here Andreas, love the drooling saliva with good eye contact on both subjects.

Granted the overcast conditions, the PP is first rate! :w3

TFS

Marc

Andreas Liedmann
04-02-2021, 01:53 PM
Thanks Marc , for your comment :wave:

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
04-04-2021, 03:33 AM
Fantastic image Andreas. Love the action, the PP work and the composition. Superb work! T F S.