PDA

View Full Version : I think a storm is coming

Paul Marcellini
07-08-2008, 08:57 PM
This was taken before the last posted. Not something I would expect to sell, taken more for myself. I just love powerful skies. I was curious if these weird clouds had a name. The lightning was really picking up here and I am dumb about it, but I figured I better at least get out of the knee deep water.

I have visited this spot before, you can see a previous take on it in the dry season here..http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulmarcellini/2453689727/

Anyways, just thought I'd share.
Paul

20d, 10-22@10 iso200 f8 1/160

Robert Amoruso
07-08-2008, 09:02 PM
You have a great theme going here Paul. Definitely one of the best in that theme. The clouds act so well as leading lines and the FG is just the right light and contrast to blend so well and balance with the sky.

Roman Kurywczak
07-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Hey Paul,
Can't help you with cloud names.........will have to work on a few new titles for you though :D! Normally I would not wory about lightning......but since you are in the Glades and you are likely the tallest object........could be a problem. I like the fact that you posted a link to the earlier version. The clouds definitely make this one hold it's own but i find it interesting the way the rains have knocked down some of the FG formations yet the patterns in the water still remain. Very cool.......and very well done!

Gayle Clement
07-09-2008, 09:43 PM
Such an interesting photo, one that the eye lingers over. It's almost as there are three distinctly different layers. I love the clouds and that interesting foreground.

Marc Mol
07-10-2008, 09:03 PM
Love this shot!
Those clouds look like a bushfire!
Well done;).

Cheers
Marc

Paul Marcellini
07-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Thanks everyone.

Roman, yeah, I'm no poet. Titles are always hard to come up with.

Paul