PDA

View Full Version : Grey Teal in flight

Paul Burdett
03-06-2021, 08:37 PM
Weather has been much better lately, although this one was taken in less than ideal light, hence the high iso.

D500/500PF, 1/2000th sec@f6.3, iso2000

Update: just noticed the little horizontal speck, left of the bird on the greenery...can you see it? Anyhow...I removed it after posting.:bg3:

Ilija Dukovski
03-06-2021, 08:58 PM
Beautiful, nice and sharp head. I don't think I've seen many flight shots of this bird.

Colin Driscoll
03-07-2021, 12:20 AM
Nice shot Paul, I like the fanned tail. It is a Grey Teal btw, Wood Ducks have a shorter bill and the female has faint white bands above and below the eye. Also very different wing pattern.

Paul Burdett
03-07-2021, 01:14 AM
Ilija: Thank you for your feedback. They're pretty common here.
Colin: oops! You're correct...senior moment...lol. Thank you for the feedback...much appreciated.

Jonathan Ashton
03-07-2021, 07:20 AM
A fine shot, I really like the head - very well shown. I would perhaps consider toning down the brighter aspects of the background.
(The tiny speck is a water droplet).

gail bisson
03-07-2021, 08:35 AM
Hi Paul,
I changed the title on your thread.
Very nice BIF image.
Head is so nice and sharp.Love the fanned tail.
I quite like the BG. Agree the speck can go.
It would have been wonderful if the near wing had been a bit higher up but I would take this image in a heartbeat!
Gail

Andreas Liedmann
03-07-2021, 10:58 AM
Hi paul .... very well done !!!
IQ is great ... for me your best so far from the processing POV .

Comp works well as does the dynamic pose

TFS Andreas

Paul Burdett
03-07-2021, 04:03 PM
Jonathan: Thank you. I might try toning down the highlights in the BG, but I'm ok as is...we'll see:S3: Funny really...when I noticed the water droplet it became a distraction...so I had to get rid of it (OCD?)
Gail: Thank you for the feedback and thread title change. Hope you are doing well...must be time (soon???) for another visit down under.
Andreas: Thanks so much for the kind feedback.