PDA

View Full Version : Great Tit (Parus major)

Jonathan Ashton
03-05-2021, 10:06 AM
Image captured in the back garden, sunflower seeds used for bait.
Olympus E-M1X
Lens focal length : 210 mm
Focal length in 35 mm film : 421.0mm
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
ISO Sensitivity : 2000
Exposure compensation : 0.0 EV
Shutter : 1/4000 sec
Aperture : F6.3

ACR/TopazDNAI/PSCC

Andreas Liedmann
03-05-2021, 10:32 AM
Hi Jon ... cool pose and a lovely BG .

I have no experience with this kind of shooting , so easy to say I do miss the sharpness from a " still sitting subject " .... from my comfy chair . But for me it is personally important , sorry Jon .... still enjoy watching these kind of shots .

TFS Andreas

dankearl
03-05-2021, 01:04 PM
Not quite there.... Keep shooting...1/5000? for these guys?

Jonathan Ashton
03-05-2021, 01:39 PM
Andreas, Dan I don't really understand reservations, it looks sharp enough to me?? I am referring to the eye and bill.

dankearl
03-05-2021, 02:20 PM
Jon, no offense but you need to look closer or fix eyes, the eye is not sharp. Just a tiny bit of motion blur, certainly acceptable, an Instagram hit, but
being picky I think a faster SS is required.

Andreas Liedmann
03-05-2021, 02:36 PM
Hey Jon .... do me a favor , my point of critique is a tiny part of the whole thing . And my opinion is rather unimportant in the overall context !!!

Overall I like the whole series of yours flying subjects , said that numerous times . I just wish for better sharpness and more DOF at times , without knowing how difficult it is to achieve that ......

As long as you are happy with the sharpness , most important part , all should be good !!!!

We work differently in terms of PP , from start to finish .... so we will end up with different results !!!!

Cheers Jon

David Roach
03-05-2021, 03:52 PM
They just keep getting better and better, mate. Love the pose and only wish for higher in the frame. TFS

Volkan Akgul
03-05-2021, 04:59 PM
tebrikler

Jon Dankearl'e katılıyorum. Instagram da bir hit! Küçük kuşlarla çok iyisin, daha iyisini gördüm (in your little birds )

Kurt Bowman
03-08-2021, 10:14 AM
Love the pose and I do know how hard it is to shoot these. I do shoot these types of images (just not lately). But the eye really does need a bit more sharpness to be ideal. I also think it need a tiny bit more SS to get there. Stilll great job nabbing this species.