PDA

View Full Version : Bateleur Eagle (F)

Andreas Liedmann
02-22-2021, 04:35 AM
Hi folks ... one of the most attractive eagles in the world , IMHO.
Image taken back in 2014 in the Kgalagdi Transfrontier Park in South Africa .
Shooting angle is a bit steep , but not possible to get a lower shooting point as one is limited to the car in that park .

Canon EOS 1D x
EF 200-400 IS L with TC engaged at 533 mm
Window bracket with gimbal

F 5,6 ; Iso 1000; 1/1000 sec

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2021 ; clean up of distracting tree trunks against the sky ; slight crop

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas

Ian McLachlan
02-22-2021, 05:23 AM
Excellent Andreas
Agree about the angle but they are ,as you say ,one of Africas' great birds , To get this close is something special..Others may think the sky too blue but as I live at the same latitude that's what it is .Have you got one with the beak seoparated from the neck,the rest of it seems perfect.

Andreas Liedmann
02-22-2021, 06:16 AM
Thanks Ian .... sky can be discussed :w3 , I like it this way but might make the blue ever so slightly lighter and a smidge less saturated . Regarding the beak ... sadly not from this angle . I have others but the shooting angle and sun angle less ideal .... the best I could get is this one !!! They are mostly quite skittish .... was really happy to get that close to her .

Randy Stout
02-22-2021, 07:46 AM
Andreas:

A very proud looking raptor. Tough shooting angle as mentioned.

I might lower the luminosity of the tree a bit to help it recede a bit visually in the frame, and even soften the contrast a bit in that area, all in the interest of highlighting the bird.

Cheers

Randy

Jonathan Ashton
02-22-2021, 11:44 AM
Super Andreas, a beautiful bird indeed, I too would think lowering the brightness of the branches would be good.

Kurt Bowman
02-23-2021, 07:21 AM
Wow, that really is a beautiful eagle. The OOF foreground branch was a bit unfortunate covering the feet, but you make up for it with a great poseand techs! Nice work

William Dickson
02-23-2021, 03:59 PM
Very nice Andreas....The bird is so majestic that it takes the eyes away from the OOF perch...Apart from the POV...no nits here...love the feather detail around the neck area.

Will

Andreas Liedmann
02-24-2021, 01:43 PM
Thanks folks for your kind comments , much appreciated .
Here is a different version with a darker FG and slightly lighter less saturated sky .