PDA

View Full Version : Blue-winged Teal

Joseph Przybyla
02-12-2021, 01:17 PM
I captured this image at a stop along Blackpoint Wildlife Drive in Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge, Merritt Island, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 500mm F/5.6 VR AF-S ED PF HH
1/2000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV +1 ISO 6400 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 500mm (750mm 35mm Equivalent)
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2021 and Neat Image for noise reduction
Cropped for composition and presentation

Andreas Liedmann
02-12-2021, 03:31 PM
Hi Joseph ...
a fine simple portrait of this duck species .
Love the color contrast of subject and surroundings , making the subject popping out so nice .
Might run a bit more NR to the surroundings .

TFS Andreas

Kurt Bowman
02-12-2021, 07:06 PM
I really like the green BG for this image, the teal stands out very nicely. I am seeing a tiny bit of the boise mentioned, but I think it's an acceptable amount personally. I am fine with it either way.

Daniel Cadieux
02-12-2021, 07:37 PM
I don't remember the last time I got close to a male Blue-winged Teal in breeding plumage. Lucky you! Good reflection and surrounding water. The head is slightly turned away (relative to body angle) but not too bad - makes it look like it is keeping an eye on you. Sharp enough, and I love the patterns on the breast feathers.

gail bisson
02-13-2021, 01:43 PM
Nice reflection and lovely details in the breast.
The white on the face is a bit blown but not an image killer.
Water pattern and color are great.
I would clone out the little oval patch of dirt in the water (about 2 inches up from the "L" in your name,
Gail

Brian Sump
02-13-2021, 01:57 PM
Joe, really pretty frame. Unique water color and patterns are very attractive.

Great comments above. The only think I could add would be taking a look at adding a few points of temp and maybe +1 or +2 magenta. See what you think.

TFS!

Joseph Przybyla
02-16-2021, 10:26 AM
Thanks everyone for viewing and commenting, much appreciated.