PDA

View Full Version : Evening Grosbeak - Male.

Daniel Cadieux
02-08-2021, 03:21 PM
Here's another Evening Grosbeak, but now properly "setup" just like I promised myself to do at this spot a while back. I brought 3-4 perches and switched them around periodically to vary the images. Here's one from a branch donated by a beech - a tree that tends to hang on to its leaves far into the winter. This branch was fastened to the feeder, located just to the right of the frame.

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/640s., f/4, ISO 800, natural light, handheld, FF. A part of another grosbeak removed in upper left corner, via cloning minor bill clean-up via spot-removal tool.

kevin Hice
02-08-2021, 05:17 PM
Great choice for the perch. So natural looking no complaints here spot on .Beautiful image sharpness and colors. The background is nice. TFS

Randy Stout
02-09-2021, 06:48 AM
Daniel:

The soft, overcast lighting really makes this one sing. The carefully selected perch looks very good.

Inspires me to get out and work the local birds!

Cheers

Randy

Jack Backs
02-09-2021, 09:24 AM
Beautiful. The background really makes the bird pop. I'm surprised the entire bird looks sharp at f4.

Mike Poole
02-09-2021, 09:39 AM
Another beauty Dan, great setting perfect pose - you and Gail have these guys nailed down solid!

Mike

Bill Dix
02-09-2021, 10:55 AM
Good choice of perch, and nice of him to land in just the right spot with perfect pose. Maybe it's the nature of his plumage, but to my eye the bird looks a little softer than some of your others.

arash_hazeghi
02-09-2021, 11:05 AM
Love the yellows against the muted soft BG
Nice shot Dan

Andreas Liedmann
02-09-2021, 12:02 PM
Hi Daniel .. really nice image .
Well chosen perch and the overall color tonal contrast is cool . Subject is jumping into my eyes ... which might be a good thing :t3 ?!

Well done TFS Andreas