PDA

View Full Version : Blue tit (Cyanistes caeruleus)

Jonathan Ashton
02-03-2021, 02:49 PM
Sorry if this is becoming boring but widespread distribution of differing Covid variants dictates stay pretty local, I guess I am lucky I have had my initial vaccination so no complaints in view of the big picture.
Image captured in the back garden, taken from my hide/blind.

Olympus: E-M1X
Lens focal length : 300 mm
Focal length in 35 mm film : 601.0mm
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
ISO Sensitivity : 2000
Exposure compensation : 0.0 EV
Shutter : 1/640 sec
Aperture : F5.6

ACR/TopazDNAI/PSCC

PS I am still confused, this is 1920px on the longer axis so I presume right click and open image in new tab.... because it doesn't fit properly in the original pane.
Why is this likely to be better than an image 1800px by 1200px which could have been seen in the original view pane ..................can anyone tell me??? I don't get it.

David Roach
02-03-2021, 03:53 PM
The details, colors, pose, perch and BG all off the charts. The feathers look natural and well detailed. Great framing and stellar canvas IMHO. TFS

ps
No apologies needed.... Keep those Backyard beauties coming...

annmpacheco
02-03-2021, 04:55 PM
It's a beauty Jon, love the colors throughout, the perch, pose. Sharp, HA, and terrific BG.

kevin Hice
02-03-2021, 11:49 PM
Yes I agree the details and sharpness are fantastic. The red branch goes well with the great background. TFS

dankearl
02-04-2021, 07:43 PM
This is one of your better images lately, no apologies for any nice bird photo...colors are nice, like the perch, tail crossing it doesn't matter as the focus as you go right to the eye.. Nice one.

Brian Sump
02-05-2021, 12:52 AM
Jon, delicately sharp, rich in color and love the red perch again.

The dorsal look back is sweet. Nice comp and smooth bkg all make for a banger!

Andreas Liedmann
02-06-2021, 06:36 AM
Hi Jon ... no need to excuse , not getting bored . Wish I have your options ....
Cool frame and the contrasty perch is working very well .
Good overall color and tonal range , sharpness is look good . Nice IQ .
Image does have a slight blue cast .....

TFS Andreas