PDA

View Full Version : I See You...

Joseph Przybyla
01-31-2021, 11:51 AM
Dottie and I took a early morning ride yesterday about 125 miles south to the land of the Florida Burrowing Owls. This is one of the images I captured. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 500m F/5.6 VR AF-S ED PF, camera and lens supported by a Oben carbon fiber monopod with a Wimberly MonoGimbal head
1/1600 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 320 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 500mm (750mm 35mm Equivalent)
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC, Topaz Denoise AI and Topaz Sharpen AI
Cropped for composition and presentation

David Roach
01-31-2021, 12:59 PM
Love the overall scene with framing, grasses, flowers and colors. That OOF eye peering through adds for me. Only minor nit is the wish to have tall stalk entirely in frame. Love this canvas overall. TFS

Jim Crosswell
01-31-2021, 06:58 PM
I like the low angle, setting and the one peeking through the vegetation makes the image for me. Was it at Marco Island? Nice image Joe.

Joseph Przybyla
01-31-2021, 07:24 PM
I like the low angle, setting and the one peeking through the vegetation makes the image for me. Was it at Marco Island? Nice image Joe.

Hi Jim, thank you for viewing and commenting. This was Cape Coral.

Brian Sump
01-31-2021, 11:40 PM
Joe, this is a beautiful frame. In part because of all the stunning flora (uggh, spring seems forever away) but also because of the way you captured the partner just peeking through. Fantastic on that front!

The stem coming up at right and the three flowers leaning in actually help give perspective and balance to the frame IMO, like that too.

While I love the colors in the FG, I feel like maybe reducing brightness a touch could help the subject(s) stand out. But other than that, and maybe a slightly lower sun angle it's a keeper for me!

Andreas Liedmann
02-01-2021, 03:17 PM
Hi Joseph .. lovely low angle .
Works for me presented .... maybe lighten the eye shadow a bit to fake a lower sun position :w3.

TFS Andreas

Joseph Przybyla
02-02-2021, 09:18 AM
Thanks everyone for viewing, commenting and suggesting improvements. I will give those suggestions a try.