PDA

View Full Version : Mirror, Mirror...

Joseph Przybyla
01-29-2021, 02:48 PM
I captured this image of a Greater Yellowlegs at a stop along Blackpoint Wildlife Drive in Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge, Merritt Island, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 500mm F/5.6 VR AF-S ED, handheld using knew pods while sitting on ground
1/1600 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV +2/3 ISO 1600 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 500mm (750mm 35mm Equivalent)
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2021, Topaz Denoise AI and Topaz Sharpen AI
Cropped for composition and presentation

kevin Hice
01-29-2021, 05:12 PM
I love high key here Joe great image and the swirling water around the legs is nice. Water droplets on the back are nice but do notice something mostly on the back almost looks like grain. Three or four places look at the foreleg where it meets the breast. TFS

David Roach
01-30-2021, 11:09 AM
Love the high key and framing here. As mentioned , parts of the edges are slightly funky. Beautiful canvas overall. TFS

William Dickson
01-30-2021, 05:41 PM
Perfect harmony between bird and reflection here Joe....I would like to see a vertical with more room around the top and bottom....

Will

Arthur Morris
02-05-2021, 04:05 PM
Nice but the feathers are too YELLOW, the framing is too tight, and the bird is squinting. All are addressed in the re-post. I also added a catchlight.

with love, a

Joseph Przybyla
02-05-2021, 05:09 PM
Nice but the feathers are too YELLOW, the framing is too tight, and the bird is squinting. All are addressed in the re-post. I also added a catchlight.

with love, a

Hi Artie, thank you for viewing and suggesting improvements. I'll work on it using your edit as a guide.