PDA

View Full Version : Pyrrhuloxia

Kurt Bowman
01-28-2021, 11:59 AM
Another image from the R5 loaner I was using.
R5, 600mm f/4 version 2, 1/4000 at f/7.1, ISO 1600

kevin Hice
01-28-2021, 03:40 PM
Beautiful image Kurt details look good. Love the clean background and colors. Perch is nice only minor pick would be the hot spot on the lower perch.TFS

Daniel Cadieux
01-28-2021, 04:22 PM
Good bird on a good perch. Nice light and colours. looks like you had enough wiggle room tech-wise, and the BG far enough, to stop down more to get the whole branch in focus. You could also opt to remove the small white bit at extreme left edge - just to clean up the side there. Good stuff though, lots to like!

William Dickson
01-28-2021, 06:13 PM
Lovely image Kurt....Got to agree with Dan regarding the whole perch being in focus but that don't matter too much as you captured the bird perfectly....Lovely details and a great looking pose.

Will

Dorian Anderson
01-28-2021, 09:02 PM
This looks really nice, Kurt. You got the sun I was hoping to have in Texas with this species last week! Yes, it would be nice to have more of the perch in focus, but my bigger issue (and it's still small) is that perch is brighter (maybe better lit?) than the bird. It kinda steals some of the his thunder. Detail on the subject is killer. You might throw just a tough of light on his face to pull our attention there.

Brian Sump
01-28-2021, 11:35 PM
Kurt, great comments above but I will say the subject looks super here. You did a great job getting the profile with a curious look at the lens and well lit throughout.

I love these crazy perches you've gotten. Those make a world of difference and this is no exception.

Complimentary bkg palette and I'd take this in a moment...

Great job!

arash_hazeghi
01-29-2021, 12:13 AM
I like the bird, lovely light and good angle. I find the perch simply too large for this subject., at least it's natural and weathered.
TFS