PDA

View Full Version : Barn Owl

Robert Hardy
07-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Having spent a few hours waiting to see if a barn owl would turn up ( it didn't )and fading light i headed back to the car
this bird turn up just as i had taken the camera of the monpod and was flying through the edg of the wood i was walking along then it landed on the branch about 30ft away from me between the 2 trees its looking at me as it heard the camera shutter.
1dmk3 500f4isL 1/500sec f4 iso 400
Rob.

Doug Brown
07-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Hi Rob! Nice clean look at a Barn Owl in the wild. A little fill flash or + EC would have helped with this image due to the light BG. I would crop some off the bottom and the right. Thanks for posting!

George DeCamp
07-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Pretty bird indeed, nice that it is looking your way as well! If you can get rid of those dark areas I think it would help you here. Pretty easy to do as well, a healing brush does it quickly..

Nice find!!!

Axel Hildebrandt
07-08-2008, 04:59 PM
I like the curious/surprised look and pose. I agree regarding the dark spots in the BG. The bird looks a bit washed out, maybe some contrast boost might help. Keep them coming!

Paul Ricciardi
07-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Love the eye contact, wish there was detail in the left eye. The dark spots in the BG are distracting and I think the body could use a little more contrast or stronger darks. I went ahead and did a rework, tell me what you think.

Robert Hardy
07-09-2008, 06:50 AM
THANKS for comments and i like the eddit too, the shadow eye work also make quite a nice diffrence
Rob.