PDA

View Full Version : Goosander (F) (Mergus merganser)

Jonathan Ashton
01-27-2021, 01:16 PM
Hand held from squatting position, I was not going to lie flat because the water was too rough! I wasn't expecting any to be in focus at all because I was trying the AI setting and the birds were bobbing about all over the place. The red colouration in the water, is of course the feet.
Lens focal length : 600 mm
Focal length in 35 mm film : 1202.0mm
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
ISO Sensitivity : 3200
Exposure compensation : +0.7 EV
Shutter : 1/1600 sec
Aperture : F8

ACR/TDNAI/PSCC

Steve Kaluski
01-27-2021, 01:21 PM
Nice one Jon, like the wind blown plumage, colours look good too. The cooler colours depict the scene, flat, darks/blacks look spit on. Any more to the LHS, a sliver more would be nice, like the choppy water.

TFS
Steve

Jonathan Ashton
01-27-2021, 01:58 PM
Nice one Jon, like the wind blown plumage, colours look good too. The cooler colours depict the scene, flat, darks/blacks look spit on. Any more to the LHS, a sliver more would be nice, like the choppy water.

TFS
Steve

Unfortunately no more canvas at the left Steve, I did consider adding some...... but sometimes a very eagle eyed observer asks, " did you add canvas?" ..... so I didn't!!

Steve Kaluski
01-27-2021, 02:07 PM
Unfortunately no more canvas at the left Steve, I did consider adding some...... but sometimes a very eagle eyed observer asks, " did you add canvas?" ..... so I didn't!!

Jon, you have both Skill & Software... :w3

dankearl
01-27-2021, 03:14 PM
Nice low look, more on the right for me...details look pretty good.

Brian Sump
01-27-2021, 11:48 PM
Jon, nice look at this pretty girl.

Quite sharp and full of details. You exposed it well.

The water color works pretty nicely but I'd wish for a bit less of the dark wake just right of the head.

Andreas Liedmann
01-29-2021, 02:31 PM
Hi Jon ... nice goosander shot . I do really like the overall colors and tones . Water might be a bit choppy , but nothing you can do .
Might run some more NR in parts of the image , even the plumage does show some of it . Just my take

TFS Andreas