PDA

View Full Version : song sparrow

Dave Slaughter
07-08-2008, 12:11 PM
This fellow was collecting nesting material in mowed grass. I got low to get on his level and unfortunately this maneuver hid his feet, but sometimes you can't have everything. Canon Xti, 400mmf5.6 lens, ISO 400.
I use an iMac. I understand that images appear darker on most PC monitors than on Mac monitors (and my monitor at work seems to bear this out) and I'm not sure how to compensate when I post. Anyone have any comments on this?

Doug Brown
07-08-2008, 12:38 PM
I've got a Mac, and your photo appears dark to me as well Dave. Your sharpness is very good here. The bird could definitely be brighter. You didn't post complete tech specs, so not sure if you used a flash or + EC, but either would have helped here. Eye contact is excellent, as is the BG. Thanks for posting!

Alfred Forns
07-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Hi Dave if you calibrate your monitor there should be no difference I am also viewing on a Mac and it does appear dark Will lighten the image and let me know how it looks with your home monitor !!!

The image is sort of side/back lit Should have plus compensation and fill flash Lighten using curves and a slight levels adjustment for mid tones.

Gail Spitler
07-09-2008, 07:29 AM
Dave
On my Mac Pro Book the image looks kind of dull rather than dark. Alfred repost makes the image pop more.
Otherwise nice image - good composition, ha, sharpness, exposure etc etc etc. Well done
Gail

Julie Kenward
07-09-2008, 08:34 AM
Agree with Al on the fill flash and wonder if this doesn't look just a little bit on the blue side? You might check your white balance as well. Cute pose! I love that you got right down there with him.

Oscar Zangroniz
07-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Great capture. Like the head position and background.

Gus Cobos
07-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Love it Dave. Good details and colors with good eye contact...:cool: