PDA

View Full Version : Golden-fronted Leaf-bird - Just hanging around

Kamal Hari Menon
01-21-2021, 08:28 AM
This male Golden-fronted Leafbird was doing hide and seek in the scarlet clock vine and bushes in front of my room in the resort we where staying during a short vacation last year end (Near Munnar, a hill station in the south western ghats of India).

I managed a couple of shots handheld hiding near the bushes.

Details
Nikon D500 + Nikkor 500mm F/4
ISO 1000
Shutter 1/1000
Aperture wide open
Exposure bias 0
Processed in Lightroom.

Thanks in advance for the comments and critics.

Regards

David Roach
01-21-2021, 09:37 AM
Perch, bird, colors, details and pose all beautiful. You could go vertical and lose the OOF vine on left. What a subject... TFS

ps
That grasp on the vine...

Steve Kaluski
01-21-2021, 10:00 AM
Hi Kamal, I like the pose and you did well for a grab shot, but the colours as presented appear quite odd. I've never seen a bird like this whilst in the Tiger reserves, however there are some very strange casts coming through. I've taken the liberty of trying to address things, however... Would welcome your thoughts.

I might crop the LH vine out and have a bit more to the RHS if you have it.

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
01-21-2021, 11:47 AM
Hi Kamal .... a real color fireworks !!!!!
Love it .
Think shooting portrait might have been slightly better , easy to say with hindsight .
Regarding color I can go along with Steve ....

Seen a " similar species " myself in the Manas Nationalpark in Assam ..... maaaany moons ago .

Nice one , TFS Andreas

Volkan Akgul
01-21-2021, 06:34 PM
Hi Kamal, very good detail and technic. congratulations!

Hi Steve, woww ! very very good

thanks

Krishna Prasad kotti
01-22-2021, 02:15 AM
Very nice Bird, pose. I think the colors are off.
The repost is much better.

TFS

Daniel Cadieux
01-22-2021, 11:19 AM
Beautiful colours, made much better in Steve's repost. I also like the toned-down flanks and wingtips on that repost. What a great looking bird! I actually like the composition as is, but wish the stem was further from the head - not something easily controlled in the heat of the moment.

Brian Sump
01-22-2021, 05:00 PM
Kamal, really nice to see a more exotic species and it's spectacular perched on this flora.

Based on the repost and comments above, the frame had tons of potential and Steve worked that out nicely.

Great job getting the subject sharp and in focus (the pose certainly helped) and the bkg is beautiful as well.

TFS.

Arthur Morris
01-24-2021, 05:07 AM
Lovely image. Great repost by Steve. I like the crop and the image as presented. With love, a

ps: post more!

John Mack
01-24-2021, 09:56 AM
Very neat frame. Love the flowers and the way they frame the bird.

Kamal Hari Menon
01-25-2021, 04:14 AM
Thanks everyone for your feedbacks,

I get a lot to learn from all of you.

I agree that it is a bit over saturated and the need to tone down the body of the bird.

But I would like to keep the colors as is because I feel it is close to the natural color of the bird and the vine.

Thanks Steve for the re-post. beautifully done and more warm and dramatic... like in golden light.

regards
Kamal