01-17-2021, 11:37 AM
Canon R5, 600mm f/4 IS version 2
1/2500 at f/7.1, ISO 1600

David Roach
01-17-2021, 11:55 AM
Sooo much detail popping off that dark BG. Just stunning... TFS

dankearl
01-17-2021, 01:25 PM
I like that the head patch matches the perch.... nice details and cool bg, I would take out the second catchlight.

Arthur Morris
01-17-2021, 02:10 PM
The bird and the perch are beyond superb. I'd lose the bit of grass by your signature. Not sure what others are seeing but I am seeing some horrific posterization/color blotchiness (or ???) in the BKGR, especially in the ULC but also above and in front of the bird's head. The bird is gorgeous and the image is super sharp.

with love, artie

kevin Hice
01-17-2021, 06:48 PM
Detail is great and do love the dark background. Looks like the nictitating membrane is starting to close. I do see some blotchy spots going on maybe just needs to be darker. Colors are great like that the cap is almost same color as the perch. TFS

Brian Sump
01-17-2021, 08:04 PM
Kurt, outstanding man. Did you love the animal eye detection here? Looks like the settings are dialed in.

Crazy detail, beautifully lit and the comp and perch work great. Awesome contrast against the dark bgk. I don't notice any posterization on the large monitor, just a little on the 16" Macbook.

I have several GTT but none super clean, is on my shot list for spring. You did it justice here.

How much crop?

Jonathan Ashton
01-18-2021, 04:24 AM
Gorgeous colours and details - well rendered, super shot well done.

Daniel Cadieux
01-18-2021, 09:15 AM
Talk about details! Perfect parallel pose. Great light and good perch. I love the dark BG. In regards to Artie's comment about said BG - I do see a bit of posterization, but it is quite dark that I would have missed it had I not read about it. You could replace the eye from another frame if you wish to lose the nictitating membrane, or of course leave it in as is to show exactly that.

arash_hazeghi
01-18-2021, 08:33 PM
Not much postrization visible from here, good details and handling of flash. I can see the nictitating membrane was about to close, some eye doctor can help!

TFS

Arthur Morris
01-24-2021, 05:39 AM
The bird and the perch are beyond superb. I'd lose the bit of grass by your signature. Not sure what others are seeing but I am seeing some horrific posterization/color blotchiness (or ???) in the BKGR, especially in the ULC but also above and in front of the bird's head. The bird is gorgeous and the image is super sharp.

with love, artie

SOrry -- it looks like the problem was caused by my MacBook Pro ...

with love, a