PDA

View Full Version : On The Horizon

Brian Sump
01-14-2021, 05:46 PM

Another of the juvenile male from the local Harrier squadron.

Canon R5
840mm
Handheld
ISO 1250
f7.1
1/3200

LR and PS, DN.

Mike Poole
01-14-2021, 05:51 PM
Thats a beautiful - if frightening - stare he's giving you. I can hear the rodents running from here!. Sharpness, light and background all wonderful. The wing position in by no means bad, but a fuller up pose would really take this one over the top.

Still envious as it is though!

Mike

William Dickson
01-14-2021, 06:10 PM
Very nice Brian....The detail you got on the head area are superb....Yes a better wing position....but, hey ho....I would love to have this in my files.....Maybe tone down the BG a wee bit, but maybe that's just me

Love it

Will

Bill Dix
01-15-2021, 10:54 AM
Sweet frame with good eye contact.

Kurt Bowman
01-15-2021, 01:53 PM
Great frame Brian! Love the two tone BG, the head turn, the techs are top notch! Great work.

John Mack
01-15-2021, 02:23 PM
Well,well,well. Looking more like Arash's frames with these harriers. I really like that very faint two toned background.

Andreas Liedmann
01-15-2021, 03:03 PM
Hi Brian ... nice frame of the harrier .
Cool warm light , with some nice soft colors . Processing looks good to me :w3 ..... personally I think I do not miss the previous blacks :w3. Good to see some detail across the whole tonal range , well done Sir . From this point you might add ( if wished or as a variant ) some more tone to some areas ( not blacks ) . A quick and dirty way is the use of the SOFT LIGHT blend mode at low opacity , preferably through a luminosity mask .... give it try . Or you might use a curves adjustment layer for the more complex or elegant way ( also through a luminosity mask )
You have come a long way on the processing front and made really big progress , I feel happy for you !! Your patience paid off and I hope you are feeling well with your work !

Watch your sharpening , as you have a slight sharpening halo along the contrast edges of the bird ( bird/sky) .

Nice one and TFS Andreas

David Roach
01-15-2021, 05:17 PM
You continue to amaze with your new toy... Again, the details are stunning. TFS

ps
That soft light and soft two tone BG...

Brian Sump
01-15-2021, 11:18 PM
Thank you to each of you for bringing valuable input and encouragement. Very grateful.

Yes a slightly more vertical wing position would help :-)

Volkan Akgul
01-16-2021, 04:05 AM
hi Brian, very good. Fly action perfect. Technic very good..

Arthur Morris
01-16-2021, 11:07 AM
When a bird in flight is quartering toward you, this wing position is just fine and might even be the best of three options ... As the horizon line is so soft and is slightly below the bird, it is not an issue at all. The sum(p) of all parts, is that this is another very fine image.

with love, a

ps: was the near underwing originally in shadow?