PDA

View Full Version : Hyena pup

Steve Kaluski
01-14-2021, 11:53 AM
Some may not think so, but occasionally whilst out in the bush it's quite nice just to sit on a plot, chill and just wait for the action to unfold.

This was just outside a Hyena den, this was one of the youngster who was quite chilled in the shade and enjoyed letting his brothers & sisters play, as he looked on. Don't let this little pup fool you, as an adult, Hyenas have one of the strongest jaws because when they scavenge they not only eat the flesh, but the actual bones of their victims too, nothing goes to waste.

Thanks to those who posted or viewed on the last posting.

Steve

Subject: Spotted Hyena (Crocuta crocuta)
Camera: Canon EOS-1D X
Lens: EF200-400mm f/4L IS USM on bean bag
Exposure: *1/320s at f/9 ISO800
Original format: Landscape slight crop at the top
Processed via: LRC 9.4 & PS2020

* With good technique you can get away with slow SS

Andreas Liedmann
01-14-2021, 03:36 PM
Sooooo innocent ... in this age .
Hi Steve .. love the small Pup with the relaxed posing , a good sign for me when they show this behavior .... even if being photographed .

Well controlled light , nice tonal range and pleasing colors . Nicely processed with a ton of details ....

A real pleasure to to wonder around the image ....

TFS Andreas

John Mack
01-14-2021, 05:56 PM
The light here is very well controlled. No suprise there. I like the relaxed look on the pup.

Jonathan Ashton
01-18-2021, 04:19 AM
Sublime! Beautifully rendered, lovely detail - can't have too much from my POV!

Steve Kaluski
01-18-2021, 06:16 AM
Sublime! Beautifully rendered, lovely detail - can't have too much from my POV!

Many thanks Jon, certainly shooting at a low ISO as you know, plays into the hands of a good file, but keeping all PP simple, the really qualities are allowed to shine through. To many times images are pushed, killing the true nature of the original file and the super qualities it contains. As we have said so many times - 'less is more' and when that light is turned on, it's so gratifying. :S3:

Gabriela Plesea
03-16-2021, 12:51 PM
What a beauty, Steve! I like the framing, pose, colours, clarity...detail...and image quality. Stunning image :cheers:

Warmest regards,