PDA

View Full Version : Rear View of Peacock Dancing

Sabyasachi Patra
07-08-2008, 09:31 AM
I was waiting for a tiger to come out of the bush. I was thinking that it has given me the miss by leaving quietly through the dense undergrowth. After sometime, some peacocks came towards the bush from the opposite side. One of them started displaying. It is always a nice sight to see a peacock displaying. However, I would prefer to see it in a Tiger's mouth. :-)

Anyway, I thought of doing a different composition. Please comment on the result. This is a full frame image. Equipment: Canon EOS 40D, Canon EF 400mm F2.8 L IS USM, Canon EF 2xII, ISO 200, f5.6, 1/200

PS: Peacock is the National bird of India. Widely revered by Hindus. Hunted for its feathers and meat, though hunting is banned. And only males have this wonderful plumage and display to attract the better half (or is it lesser half?) :-)

Axel Hildebrandt
07-08-2008, 09:44 AM
I like the angle, composition and display. I'm happy he does not serve as snack for a tiger and the 'lesser half' comment is just asking for trouble. :)

Daniel Cadieux
07-08-2008, 09:49 AM
Oh my, what a psychadelic display!! I was going to suggest more room above, but saw that this is full-frame. Did you have time to take some images without the 2X on?

Doug Brown
07-08-2008, 10:43 AM
It is always a nice sight to see a peacock displaying. However, I would prefer to see it in a Tiger's mouth. :-)

I think you've been looking at Jody's Peregrine Falcon photo a few too many times! ;)

Douglas Bolt
07-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Lately, I've been seeing a Threshold solution in all the images I view. Maybe a little less coffee? Anyway, that's what I did with this lovely image. Plus, a little sharpening. To me, the colors seem a little more vibrant and pure. Maybe it's just my Threshold view.