PDA

View Full Version : Waterfall on Calf Coast

James Parker
07-08-2008, 09:18 AM
This is a 2 1/4 neg scanned by a coolpix 8000
Another photographer was holding me with a rope so I could get down the cliff far enough to get the flowers in the foreground

Hasselblad 503CX
Polarizing Filter
1/60s
F/16
160 ISO
50mm Lens
No Flash

Roman Kurywczak
07-08-2008, 03:34 PM
Hi James,
The flowers definitely add to the composition as does the crescent shape of the wave all leading the eye tothe waterfall.The white look a bit hot on my monitor......but as there looks to be detail in there.....probably the jpeg compression. The biggest debate I have had.........is the light blue band at the top of the frame. I did a browser crop....by scrolling until I eliminated the entire band........and while that took away the shape of the evergreen............it made a nice balance of the darker blue and triangular shape to balance the FG shape of flowers.
Overall a very nice scene and glad to see you made it back in one piece from the edge of the cliff!

Robert Amoruso
07-08-2008, 09:03 PM
I think Roman summed up my critique nicely.

Paul Marcellini
07-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Haha, I've heard all kinds of stories of people trying to get something different here. I like this one, especially the foreground flowers. They seem a bit bright, hopefully just the scan.

I like Roman's crop idea, as it closes the image in a bit and focuses more on the falls.

Well done,
Paul