PDA

View Full Version : Tufted Puffin

stokes fishburne
01-09-2008, 09:01 PM
This image was obtained at the Newport Aquarium in Newport, OR. Canon 1D Mark II, 100-400 mm lens f/8 1/1000 sec-1

Alfred Forns
01-09-2008, 11:32 PM
Stunning portrait !!!! Love that dominant eye Would only clone the two little white dots on his back Big Congrats This is good !!!

Lana Hays
01-10-2008, 04:56 AM
Stokes
Al's right....it is stunning. Composition, colors, detail, and sharpness are all wonderful. Well done.

James Shadle
01-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Stokes,
The sharpness and eye contact are top shelf.
I don't have a problem with the water drops on the back of the bird.
The fact that you have details in the whites as well as the blacks speaks of great control of nice low contrast light.
I could only offer this as a suggestion, I would prefer a little more room in front of this beautiful creature.
James

Jim Neiger
01-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Beatiful portrait, Stokes! As james mentioned, it would be nice to have a bit more room on the right. My other nit is that some of the dark feathered areas have little or no detail and merge with the bg and the whites just under the eye are slightly blown. I reposted after using the SH tool to bring up some detail in the dark areas and seperate the dark feathers from the black bg a bit more. I also used SH to tone selectively tone down the hot whites and recover a bit more detail.