PDA

View Full Version : Deluge of Daylilies

Julie Kenward
07-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Another image I made this weekend out at Powell Gardens. They had approximately 400 different daylilies in bloom throughout all the different gardens. This one was flourishing above an elevated rock garden so I was shooting from below and pointing straight up into the sky.

No EXIF data right now because of a motherboard crash :eek: but it was made with a Canon 40D and an EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro lens. Handheld - natural light.

Roman Kurywczak
07-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Hi Julie,
I saw this earlier and finally made it up here.....I love your angle and the exposure is dead on.......I'm jut not a huge fan of busy BG's. Too many merges for my tastes.......will se what others chime in.

Ed Vatza
07-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Julie, I think the flower is beautiful. Great color. Very sharp. You handled the sky well. The problem for me is that I have difficulty focusing on it because of all the other flowers banging into it in the background. Its hard for me to "find" the subject flower.

Julie Kenward
07-08-2008, 09:05 PM
I totally agree with both of you. You know what I see when I look at it? My Grandmother's wallpaper! It's just that it was so different from what I usually do - it's one of the ones where I shot up in the f14 range - that I had to post it.

You have to admit...it would make a heck of a wallpaper pattern! :D

John Cooper
07-08-2008, 10:02 PM
A gorgeous bloom Julie showing excellent detail and colour rendition. My only nit is the competition from surrounding flowers & buds.

Tony Kirkby
07-09-2008, 03:56 AM
I like this and don't mind it being busy, it's supposed to be, in fact a little busier at he top left to balance it out would be even better.
Great colours