PDA

View Full Version : Female Canvasback

Dorian Anderson
01-02-2021, 10:51 PM
Here's the female to match the male I gave you a few days ago. The females wouldn't approach as close as the males, but I was happy to catch this lady on a smooth, pastel patch of water soon after sunrise.

Canon 600mm f/4 IS II + 1.4x III on EOS 1DX2
1/2000 at f/5.6, ISO 640
Processed in LR CC. Cloned out a few surface irregularities and evened out the reflective rings on the neck.

arash_hazeghi
01-02-2021, 11:24 PM
sweet low angle shot Dorian, sharp with good details. If mine I would reduce the brightest highlights by about 5% and warm it up a tad. another option is gently burning the highlight reflections on the water on the right border to make all the water green. light was excellent.

happy new year

Joseph Przybyla
01-03-2021, 08:21 AM
Hi Dorian, lovely image. A low POV to die for. Wonderful light, nice feather detail. Thank you for sharing.

David Roach
01-03-2021, 09:01 AM
Love everything about this canvas, Dorian. Killer water, details and I love the tonal range. TFS

Andreas Liedmann
01-03-2021, 01:07 PM
Hi Dorian , another very nice low angle shot !!
Perfect framing with a cute head turn of your subject . Nice to see you have not pushed the blacks that much , good sharpness and some fine details showing through !!
If this was mine I might change the WB a fraction or the hue of certain colors , all seem to have a slight yellow cast to them . If you like I would also temper down the HL and 1/4 tones a fraction .... even in LR possible with the adjustment brush and a crude luminosity restriction to the suggested tonal range .

TFS Andreas

annmpacheco
01-03-2021, 03:44 PM
She's a babe! Tone down the highlights wee bit... Excellent POV, love the strong water colors here.

dankearl
01-03-2021, 08:16 PM
Nice angle, I think the brightness is taste, nothing is blown, I would lower exposure just for my personal taste.

Dorian Anderson
01-03-2021, 08:44 PM
Hi Dorian , another very nice low angle shot !!
Perfect framing with a cute head turn of your subject . Nice to see you have not pushed the blacks that much , good sharpness and some fine details showing through !!
If this was mine I might change the WB a fraction or the hue of certain colors , all seem to have a slight yellow cast to them . If you like I would also temper down the HL and 1/4 tones a fraction .... even in LR possible with the adjustment brush and a crude luminosity restriction to the suggested tonal range.

TFS Andreas

Yeah, I thought the frame looked a bit yellow as well. The temperature straight out of the camera was 5300, but I turned it down to 5100 to try to combat the yellow problem, a change Arash keenly noted.

In this version I dropped the overall exposure a touch (as Dan suggested), lowered the highlights a bit more, desaturated the yellow channel a bit, and shifted the yellow hue towards green. No major changes,
but hopefully subtle tweaks to strengthen the image.

Cheers

Brian Sump
01-03-2021, 11:56 PM
Dorian, your ducks on the water are lovely man! I dig your high standards too.

Personally, I liked the exp in the og post. Fantastic light. Comparing them side by side, the RP feels a tad flat now; maybe just me.

Perhaps just bringing HL down a bit or brushing spots could have been the ticket.

TFS as always!

Andreas Liedmann
01-04-2021, 03:08 AM
Hi Dorian .... here is my " vision " , might be a bit overboard .... but you get the idea .

Cheers Andreas

John Mack
01-05-2021, 03:29 PM
I was wondering when we would get to see the female. Lovely view of this lady. Nice color in the water as well.