PDA

View Full Version : Justa

Brian Sump
01-02-2021, 04:15 PM

Routine Harrier flyby, nothing special.

In searching, there have been some exceptional Harriers posted here through the years. I was tentative to post this one as I feel it has a certain graininess to it but it is present in every image in the sequence. At ISO1600 and almost no exposure/shadow lift there's no other reason except that it's just representative of the feathers on this particular (juvenile female?). Did run some DN at 15 so not much but also enough.

Again, the iris is not fully developed which affects it overall.

Curious your thoughts. Only 30% crop - still 5400 px on the long side at full.

Canon R5
600mm + 1.4x
Handheld
ISO 1600
1/3200
f5.6

LR and PS. Smoothed couple grasses in top of frame.

Sidharth Kodikal
01-02-2021, 05:06 PM
You know you're kicking butt when a harrier flyby in a perfect setting feels like routine and nothing special :)
Love the bird angle, the eye contact and the grassy environment.

Glad the bill isn't overlapping with the far wing, but a bit more separation wouldn't have hurt.
Underwing shadow is faint enough to not be a concern.

Lovely image, Brian! Definitely special in my book.

gail bisson
01-02-2021, 05:53 PM
This is super Brian.
Great wing position, tack sharp and great light.
I would evict the bright tips of the grasses below the harrier.
Gail

Dorian Anderson
01-02-2021, 09:33 PM
Another strong action image! You are really giving the R5 a nice workout and revealing what it can do in capable hands. Love the eye contact and detail. Looks perfectly natural to me. Brown background is the perfect complement.

David Roach
01-02-2021, 10:33 PM
Best feather detail, texture and tones I've seen for this species. Love the touch of environment as well. Congrats and TFS.

annmpacheco
01-03-2021, 03:42 PM
Love the gae your way, terrific capture, details, and colors here. Having fun yet?!!!

dankearl
01-03-2021, 08:22 PM
Very nice Harrier in Harrier habitat, Looks good, nice light, if bird more parallel to the camera, you could lose the shadow..

Brian Sump
01-03-2021, 11:42 PM
You know you're kicking butt when a harrier flyby in a perfect setting feels like routine and nothing special :)
Love the bird angle, the eye contact and the grassy environment.

Glad the bill isn't overlapping with the far wing, but a bit more separation wouldn't have hurt.
Underwing shadow is faint enough to not be a concern.

Lovely image, Brian! Definitely special in my book.

Sidharth, nice to e-meet you. Thank you for your feedback. Didn't mean to say I didn't work hard in the field to make the capture, but I guess I didn't feel there was much that was flashy (no pun) about it

None the less, stoked to hear you like it and I agree, a touch more separation of the beak couldn't hurt.

This is super Brian.
Great wing position, tack sharp and great light.
I would evict the bright tips of the grasses below the harrier.
Gail

Gail, thank you for sharing your thoughts. I can see a version with the brighter grasses burned or evicted.

Another strong action image! You are really giving the R5 a nice workout and revealing what it can do in capable hands. Love the eye contact and detail. Looks perfectly natural to me. Brown background is the perfect complement.

Dorian, very much appreciated and glad you think the recent frames are worthy of your praise! Thanks for the great compliment.

Best feather detail, texture and tones I've seen for this species. Love the touch of environment as well. Congrats and TFS.

David, that is very meaningful my friend. Thank you kindly, feedback warmly received!

Love the gae your way, terrific capture, details, and colors here. Having fun yet?!!!

Ann, very glad to hear you like this one. Yes haha, this house (R5) is slowly starting to feel like a home!

Very nice Harrier in Harrier habitat, Looks good, nice light, if bird more parallel to the camera, you could lose the shadow..

Thanks Dan, appreciate the feedback. I saw some pretty mean frames from you in the archives. Nicely done.

Andreas Liedmann
01-04-2021, 09:35 AM
Hi Brian ... another very nice flight capture .
Framing works well and the very pleasing BG helps a lot to create such nice image . Nice to see that the image is not hammered with heavy contrast and solid blacks :w3:t3:bg3:
Color and tones are very pleasing to my eyes ...

Nice one TFS Andreas

Volkan Akgul
01-05-2021, 02:06 PM
hi Brain,

I applaud...