PDA

View Full Version : Antarctic Fur Seal

Andreas Liedmann
12-29-2020, 11:12 AM
Hi folks ... throwing something else into the mix :bg3:

Image of this subadult fur seal was taken on South Georgia Island in 2012.
This guy was staying on a slope so I kept it not " leveled " .... he was reacting to another specimen on the LHS , the reason for his open mouth .
In the BG you can see numerous king penguins

Canon EOS 1D MK IV
EF 500 IS L
Tripod

F 5,6 ; Iso 2000 ; 1/800 sec

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2021 ; slightly cropped for comp

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas

Steve Kaluski
12-30-2020, 06:20 AM
Like it, not 'nits' from me Andreas, illustrates well, that controlling the Darks, Blacks & Contrast how much detail the camera captures, even with the MKIV.

TFS
Steve

Jonathan Ashton
12-30-2020, 12:15 PM
I think it's great the seal looks well defined and the ghostly penguins add to the overall image appeal, it's a cracker well done.

kevin Hice
12-30-2020, 04:54 PM
For me I like the aggressive behavior of the seal with the open mouth. Too bad we couldn't see the recipient. The details look good .For me wish the penguins weren't in the background. TFS

Andreas Liedmann
12-31-2020, 09:40 AM
Thanks Steve, Jon and Kevin for your kind comments , much appreciated .

Cheers Andreas

Wish you a better 2021 on all counts ..... without knowing how you are involved in the overall disaster of Covid .

Steve Kaluski
12-31-2020, 11:05 AM
Wish you a better 2021 on all counts ..... without knowing how you are involved in the overall disaster of Covid .

The same to you Andreas.

Well apart from this stupid 'Brexit' we are under lockdown with only 'essential travel', can't even get to our country retreat and do some snapping, everything is getting very rusty and my Passport is gather too much dust! I fear I will need to renew it before any overseas travel starts!!!!

Andreas Liedmann
12-31-2020, 11:20 AM
Thansk Steve .... luckily the hard Brexit is not coming ( so far ) . Too bad for you , that you cannot even get to the country side . At least GB is further with the usage of the vaccine .....

John Mack
01-01-2021, 03:06 PM
I like the pose and the low angle. Neat to see all the pengiuns here. Image quality looks pretty good.

Andreas Liedmann
01-02-2021, 04:47 AM
Thanks John ... much appreciated