PDA

View Full Version : American Tree Sparrow

Ilija Dukovski
12-20-2020, 01:55 PM
I got new camera, Nikon Z7 and I'm currently playing with different modes and lens combos.
Today I tried it with Nikkor 200-500mm + TC1.4 at 700mm, hand held, iso 1600, A +3.0, f/8, 1/400.

Comments appreciated.

Cheers,
Ilija

PS. When I preview the post, the image is huge and soft/blurred. Not sure if I'm attaching it correctly.

Ilija Dukovski
12-20-2020, 02:01 PM
All of the images show up huge and cut off on my monitor. I can't scroll right. Can somebody help me with this, no idea what's going on?

David Roach
12-20-2020, 04:41 PM
Hi Ilija, You can message any of the moderators listed at top of the avian forum page for help. It's usually slow on the weekend. Love the EXP and the snow and it looks like it may be posted too low resolution perhaps. A moderator will be able to help, I'm sure. Can't wait to see once you get things straightened out.

Arthur Morris
12-20-2020, 06:19 PM
Ilijah, If you are on a Mac, you can simply hit Command + the minus key to reduce the size of the image. Not sure on a PC ...

I love the snow and the image design but the bird does not quite look crisp.

with love, artie

John Mack
12-20-2020, 06:42 PM
A nice high key frame. The bird does look a little soft.

Ilija Dukovski
12-20-2020, 06:54 PM
Ilijah, If you are on a Mac, you can simply hit Command + the minus key to reduce the size of the image. Not sure on a PC ...

I love the snow and the image design but the bird does not quite look crisp.

with love, artie

Thank you Artie,

I think I'm messing with the image size here. When I was sharpening, the image was much smaller on my screen. I need to redo it.

Thanks,
Ilija

Ilija Dukovski
12-20-2020, 06:54 PM
Thanks John, I appreciate it.

Brian Sump
12-20-2020, 06:56 PM
Illja, thanks for posting

The subject's colors pop nicely on the snowy backdrop and overall composition works nicely.

Agreed on the sharpness, perhaps @ 1/400 you have a little motion blur?

You could also play around with lifting luminosity on the bkg or reducing luminosity and seeing if you could recapture a little detail.

Ilija Dukovski
12-20-2020, 06:56 PM
Thank you David. I need to redo it. It shows better on my site, not sure why. Need to figure out.

Daniel Cadieux
12-21-2020, 09:15 PM
Hi Ilija, not sure why you are getting that. I'm seeing the full image on my PC. Did you resize within specs, including file size? Sometimes when uploading an image too large the system will resize in a funky way with unfavorable results.

As an aside, I am glad to see a post from you...nice to see some activity from you:S3:

Steve Kaluski
12-22-2020, 05:45 AM
Hi Ilija, you need to have an embedded sRGB profile when posting on the web to ensure the image is displayed to it's best. You shoot and work in Adobe RGB, but then converting to post on the web you need to ensure the destination space is sRGB, probably just need to check a box.