PDA

View Full Version : Juvenile eagle eating a fish

Don Blue
01-09-2008, 08:59 PM
I got this shot when the juvenile eagle landed in a tree to eat a fish. It was the only vantage point I had to shoot from so I took what I could get.

Shot with 40D 400 5.6

Judd Patterson
01-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Hey Don, the details here are really great! You were quite close and took full advantage of the situation...nice! Other than the angle that you could not change, my biggest suggestion would have been to move a foot or two to the left so that the largest branch would no longer be directly behind the eagle's head. That branch could actually help to frame that left side of the image if it were in a better position. I sure do love the details in the eye and beak! :)

Alfred Forns
01-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Great suggestion from Judd !!!! Moving here and there can make a difference Always look to see what you are framing and how to improve !!! Love that close up face !!!

Don Blue
01-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I will start looking more closely from now on when framing a shot...Thanks....:)

George DeCamp
01-10-2008, 06:54 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I will start looking more closely from now on when framing a shot...Thanks....:)

That is always the most difficult thing to remember when getting started. The camera and settings and tripod and yada yada take all our thoughts,a quick move left or right mean so much but so much to think about. It will come naturally sooner than you think.

You made a nice sharp image here!!

Gerald Kelberg
01-10-2008, 04:58 PM
Hi Don,

Good opportunity to sharpen your Photoshop skills! Shouldn't be too difficult to take out the distracting branches in the background; nice sharp definition on the feathers, so just a little care... Or you could just wait till next time!

Gerald