PDA

View Full Version : Here's lookin' at you kid...

Steve Wheeler
07-08-2008, 12:19 AM
Please forgive me... I did not record the proper name of this lizzard. Another image taken at the Ft. Worth Zoo. I like the focus, but don't like the noise and the dark eyes. When (or IF) I ever start using CS3 I suppose I can take care of those things.... But not in LightRoom. Looks like he's just loosing a patch of loose skin above the corner of the mouth.

30D & 100 f2.8 macro, ISO 1600, f10 @ 1/125, Hand held through the glass.

Your comments are always welcome!

Steve

John Cooper
07-08-2008, 03:22 AM
Love that pose Steve - he looks similar to our Bearded Dragon. Just thought it needed a little more sharpening - hope you don't mind - what do you think?
A catch-light in the eye would also add to the image impact - I know not practical firing a flash through glass ;) but if it wasn't against your ethics I would clone a small area from the white facial patch. Tim Grey gives a procedure to make it look ultra natural!!

Mike Moats
07-08-2008, 05:23 AM
Hey Steve, Very cool pose, and I like the positioning. The shapening John added helped. It has a redish cast overall. Even if you don't want to spring for CS3, you can do fine using photoshop elements, I used it for years until just recently and it works well.

Kaushik Balakumar
07-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Liked your composition Steve.
John's re-post with sharpening adds the punch - liked it a lot.

Roman Kurywczak
07-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Hi Steve,
I like the re-post. Might go even futher with color Balance........green and blue up...........Might lighten the eye also!Comp and pose is very good.

Ed Vatza
07-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Nice composition Steve. You did well through the glass.

John's sharpened version does look sharper and better to me. The eye seems sharper as well.

Steve, I also do most of my PP with Lightroom. But I do throw the image into PS7 for resizing, sharpening with USM and I use Neat Image for noise reduction before bringing the image back into Lightroom.

Steve Wheeler
07-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Sorry for not being able to get back here sooner.

John... I don't mind a bit and I think you repost looks great. Here's another go at it from my end. I played with the colors a bit and sharpened some more. I'll be interested myself to see how it compares with John's edit.

Thanks everyone for your comments and feedback!

Steve