PDA

View Full Version : Osprey Nest Building...

Joseph Przybyla
12-14-2020, 07:35 AM
I captured this image last February at the urban Osprey nest that can be photographed from the fifth floor of a parking garage. We will be checking the nest location next month to see if any activity. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED, camera and lens supported by a monopod
1/2000 F/8 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 1100 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 400mm
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2021 and Neat Image for noise reduction when needed
Cropped for composition and presentation

David Roach
12-14-2020, 10:37 AM
Remember this series. Great EXP, details and BG. Here's hoping it's used this year. Looking forward to more. TFS

Stu Bowie
12-14-2020, 02:05 PM
Hi Joe, excellent eye level perspective here, and I was wondering how you achieved this until I read your intro. Good nest building behaviour captured, and the Osprey is nice and sharp. Your image shows off how large this nest actually is.

Arthur Morris
12-14-2020, 06:52 PM
Don't forget to invite me if they are back this year. Amazing perspective for an Osprey nest. Some of the WHITEs on the top of the head look smoothed out and grey ...

with love, artie

Daniel Cadieux
12-14-2020, 07:24 PM
Hoping you get another good series of nesting behaviour! I love the fresh greenery poking up from within the nest

Jonathan Ashton
12-15-2020, 05:19 AM
Love the angle! The detail and colours look very good, it must be very gratifying to think I'll just pop down to the garage to get a few super shots of an osprey at the nest!

Joseph Przybyla
12-15-2020, 07:08 AM
Don't forget to invite me if they are back this year. Amazing perspective for an Osprey nest. Some of the WHITEs on the top of the head look smoothed out and grey ...

with love, artie

Hi Artie, thank you for commenting and viewing. I agree that the whites on the top of the head were showing gray, I think from lowering the highlights and whites too much. I started from the original again being more careful this time. I think this posting is better.

P.S. I drop you a email showing where the nest is. Light angle is difficult, overcast day with a south wind is best. I will try to do this today.

John Mack
12-16-2020, 07:40 PM
Nice and eye level here. The background is nice. I like the way the bird is moving around the nesting material. Hope to see some more from here.

Joseph Przybyla
12-17-2020, 10:23 AM
Thanks everyone for viewing and commenting, much appreciated.