PDA

View Full Version : A late coming Florida fall look...

David Roach
12-07-2020, 04:54 AM
EOS R6 RF 100-500 @500 f7.1 1/320 ISO 1600 HH, Manual EXP, FF

Was walking along and spotted a Phoebe perched right atop a leather fern head in first morning light. Ran to be on light angle raised rig and got two frames. First frame just had the tail of the phoebe on right edge, After a silent string of unsaid profanity, looked to the fern, the tallest in the area bathed in early light and the fall like backdrop. I decided to stay a moment just to see if the Phoebe would return, when this young male RWBB flew into exact same spot. As I raised the rig again, mouthed "Sorry and Thank You" to the birding deities and commenced creating a few frames.

dankearl
12-07-2020, 08:17 PM
This is pretty, a very nice small in the frame photo. A head turn or call would put it over the top.
I would go back to the spot....

Brian Sump
12-07-2020, 09:18 PM
David, this is a creative canvas. I like the thought process here a lot.

You could consider cutting it in half vertically and might enhance the frame, but either would probably work fine.

The main critiques I'd offer are a) the photo feels thin to me. I think you lifted shadows maybe a little too much as blackbirds are rich and black and that leads me to b) seems to be a lot of blue/purple on the subject here. Similar to in your other recent post.

Krishna Prasad kotti
12-10-2020, 09:54 AM
You have Two beautiful perches in the frame and Nice composition. Head angle could be better.

Processing is off in my opinion.

Blue cast on the bird can be removed. Adding contract and Clarity to mid-tones and having Curves will really help this image.

This has a lot of potential if you can reprocess this image.

TFS