PDA

View Full Version : Theme Yellow Warbler

Jack Backs
11-30-2020, 09:23 PM
Another Yellow Warbler image from this past April. I probably used audio. The color of the sky looks a little off to me but I can't figure out how to correct it.
I'm going to blame my partial color blindness.
Nikon D500, 500mmF4VRII, TC-14EIII
iso640, 1/1600s, f8

David Roach
12-01-2020, 11:31 AM
That yellow really pops against the sky. The saturation and details look great IMHO. TFS

ps
That curious stare...

Brian Sump
12-01-2020, 12:55 PM
Jack, love yellow Warblers. Excited for spring to come already!

So again, for me this feels just a touch too smooth. Hate to beat the same drum but my personal flavor is usually I won't go over 13 or 14 in Denoise and often under 10. Not sure where you ran this one but it just feels the slightest bit unnatural for me. Looks like you had enough detail to start with though; appears a sharp file.

Might could take a look at bringing the subject up in frame a scootch? Would love some bkg other than blue sky ideally as well.

TFS

dankearl
12-01-2020, 03:39 PM
I love the colors.... Bird looks nice, does not look like you used NR on it to me or at iso640 I am not sure why you would?

Krishna Prasad kotti
12-01-2020, 10:55 PM
I would have gone for a slightly smaller crop.

I like the colors. Not so much the perch, but the bird is awesome...

I never got a chance to photograph these ones

TFS

Dorian Anderson
12-02-2020, 10:17 AM
Color and detail are excellent. I love how everything from the eyes to feet is in perfect focus. Great eye contact! I would lower the saturation, and I agree with Dan about walking back the NR. You're losing feather detail with it.