PDA

View Full Version : American Goldfinch In Crabapple.

Daniel Cadieux
11-26-2020, 12:37 PM
American Goldfinches are not often thought of as berry eaters, or a species associated with these types of trees, but a group of them were doing just that a couple of weeks ago. This one just perched there for the longest time - at least a full minute, making it possible for me to move a bit to align with a great orange-leaved autumn tree BG.

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/1600s., f/5.6, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, about 80% FF, NR to the BG.

Geoffrey Montagu
11-26-2020, 01:29 PM
Beautiful Fall colors surrounding this AMGO, Daniel. Nice detail and of course the outstanding perch. Like the crop.

Geoffrey

http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu (http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu)

Brian Sump
11-26-2020, 01:53 PM
Oh yeah, lovely Daniel.

Well-lit yellow subject on that rich orange/gradient bkg works beautifully.

Like the comp too. Might have taken a moment to clone out the open/hanging crabapple on the right side and a couple of the stray apple-less stems, but a minor nit.

TFS

David Roach
11-26-2020, 01:54 PM
As usual, superbly planned and executed (so, what's new)... TFS
ps
Sweet framing from the master...

Steve Kaluski
11-26-2020, 04:06 PM
Very nice Dan, the habitat colours work very well, juxtapose to the colours of the subject, quite striking in many ways. I just wonder about the OOF berry over the branch and cloning one in with a tad more detail so it recedes back into the rest?

TFS
Steve

Jack Backs
11-26-2020, 04:57 PM
Nice clean fall colors. nice composition. I wouldn't have thought too much about the OOF beery but now that Steve mentioned it....I can't unsee it.

Jim Crosswell
11-26-2020, 06:57 PM
I like the setting, composition, IQ and sharpness. I found my eye drawn to the OOF berry too but its still a beauty as is.

Kurt Bowman
11-27-2020, 10:05 AM
I like this as posted Daniel. Honestly my eye was drawn right to the bird and not the berry. The bird really pops against that beautiful BG. Nice work!