PDA

View Full Version : The Treasury In Petra.

Judy Lynn Malloch
07-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Petra was built by the Nabateans before 106 A.,D. Over three million years ago a the ground errupted forming incredible rock formations and the rift valley going from Jordan right on down into Africa. These rock formations made a perfect place to build a perfectly protected city carved out of rock with only one enterance in. I could go on for hours but I would take up too much space. It is the most beautiful place I have ever seen and the rock carvings done with primitive tools are just amazing. I will post the enterance to Petra in the next post. Hope you enjoy. OH it is one of the seven modern day wonders of the world.

Sharna Lee
07-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Keep them coming Judy Lynn. I love 'em.
Very interesting detail in the rocks. Very neat that they were made with such primative tools. Gotta love em.
Sharna

Fabs Forns
07-07-2008, 10:02 PM
I can see why it is one of the wonders :)

Thanks for the read to go with it :)
I wonder what's up with the green scarves? Maybe a way to stay together?

Alfred Forns
07-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Impressive sight Judy !!!!

Was wondering the same thing about the green? Any idea.

Michael P. Centanni
07-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Incredible! Thanks for the insight!
Looking forward to more!

Judy Lynn Malloch
07-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Alfred I think the green carves or hats were to keep a group together so they would not lose anyone. Sure glad we did not have to wear them !!!! < smile >

Alfred Forns
07-08-2008, 10:53 AM
.... Judy next time we go out shooting I think it will be a great idea Will never be lost at Waco !!!! :)

Robert Amoruso
07-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Very cool Judy.

Julie Kenward
07-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Such a beautiful image Judy! I've seen a shot from what I believe was the other side of the entrance and it really intrigued me. Seeing this side is even more spectacular. Can't wait to see more!

George DeCamp
07-11-2008, 05:58 PM
ALl I can say is this scene is amazing. I can't imagine how they did all this!

Thanks for posting this!!!