PDA

View Full Version : Rock Wren

Krishna Prasad kotti
11-24-2020, 01:29 AM
Thank you all for the comments on the previous Rock Wren Image. Here is another version.

I made this image on Antelope Island last weekend.
I camped on weekend to photograph wintering Ducks.
I used Audio once I saw the species near my Campsite.

Camera Settings:-
===============
Nikon D850 500 pf f/4
Info 1/800 f/5.6 ISO1600
Manual; Matrix metering

Post Processing:-
===============
Raw Processing using C1P 20
Cropped from top for Composition
Nik 25-25 Filter on Bird at reduced opacity
Tonal Adjustments in Viveza
Neat Image NR
Sharpening using Topaz
Dodge selectively
Cloned foreground element

Let me know your thoughts and comments.

Thanks
Krishna

arash_hazeghi
11-24-2020, 03:40 AM
much better than the other one for me, I like the warm light and the orange tones but might pull the red channel back a tad. I find the OOF part of the rock a bit over powering, maybe burning the highlights on the top half the rock edge might help ...

TFS

Ivan Sjogren
11-24-2020, 08:02 AM
Seems like you had a wonderful time with this Rock Wren Krishna!

I have to disagree with Arash here and say that I much prefer the previous image. I think that frame was very strong and was obviously going for something different than a classic portrait. This post aims to follow the conventional rules but I'm distracted by the two-parted background and that the divide go through the head of the bird. Also, I'm not the biggest fan of the rock and I think the sunlit part of the rock in the foreground draws attention from the bird. Apart from that I do the bird looks great, the pose is nice and the details are lovely. I just think the light, the composition and the foreground all worked for you in the previous image whilst there are issues here.

David Roach
11-24-2020, 08:45 AM
I really, really love both your frames with these beauties. The use of light and shadows in both is masterful. TFS

gail bisson
11-24-2020, 10:39 AM
I too, prefer the previous image.
This one is lovely though.
I would crop this a bit more to get rid of some of the OOF rock (if you have enough pixels).
Agree with Arash on pulling back the orange/reds slightly,
Gail

Brian Sump
11-24-2020, 08:15 PM
Krishna, I think this has a very artistic flare. I love a little deviation from the norm and the last? light is beautiful.

I think an introduction of the rock from left to right with the cliff as you pan is really cool with a bunch of canvas with margin on the rest is nice.