PDA

View Full Version : Late Sun Soaking...

David Roach
11-08-2020, 09:10 AM
EOS R RF 100-500 @500 f7.1 1/1000 ISO 1600 HH, cropped for composition from vertical

Krishna Prasad kotti
11-08-2020, 11:55 AM
Nice Pose. In a perfect world, a bit more head turn would be good.

The frame is a bit too tight for me. I would have like more space all round.

TFS

David Roach
11-08-2020, 12:44 PM
Nice Pose. In a perfect world, a bit more head turn would be good.

The frame is a bit too tight for me. I would have like more space all round.

TFS

Thanks Krishna for the very valued inputs. Much appreciated coming from you.

Paul Burdett
11-09-2020, 12:30 AM
Hi David...ditto Krishna's comment, but a fine shot anyhow. Australasian Darters are very common here in Brisbane, and this is a classic pose. Great BG to contrast with the bird. Cheers.

David Roach
11-09-2020, 08:23 AM
Hi David...ditto Krishna's comment, but a fine shot anyhow. Australasian Darters are very common here in Brisbane, and this is a classic pose. Great BG to contrast with the bird. Cheers.

Thanks Paul, your valued input always appreciated.

Jonathan Ashton
11-09-2020, 08:30 AM
You nailed it David, wonderful exposure super pose and natural colours. Good details in dark, mid and light tones, I am fine with the crop top and bottom but a little more on either side would have been good. I expect it was cropped thus due to uncomplimentary vegetation.

David Roach
11-09-2020, 09:55 AM
You nailed it David, wonderful exposure super pose and natural colours. Good details in dark, mid and light tones, I am fine with the crop top and bottom but a little more on either side would have been good. I expect it was cropped thus due to uncomplimentary vegetation.

You and Steve are constantly in my head... Still, no where near yet, but will keep trying... As always, thanks.

Daniel Cadieux
11-10-2020, 10:24 AM
I'm OK with the framing, but yes some more room would be fine too. Good pose, and overall scene here. I'm fan of clean edges, so here's a repost cleaning-up the bottom. Content-aware worked well for the stick in the middle, and a mix of CA, and cloning was better for the corner foliage. Best done on the high-res (and uncropped version as more source material available there).