PDA

View Full Version : Mean Green

Brian Sump
11-05-2020, 08:12 PM

Green-winged Teal hen. Was glad to get at least a small patch of the green wing.

Full size was still 4MB but was nervous to crop more.

Canon R5
600mm + 2x
Handheld
ISO 1600
1/3200
f8

LR and PS. DNAI but brushed darker areas down to bottom layer.

David Roach
11-06-2020, 02:11 AM
Hi Brian,
I was going to say looks great for 4MB but the reality is if you hadn't said so, I'd have thought it was full frame. IQ looking good with plenty of details. Love the under and over wing view from this pose. The BG is killer, as usual. TFS

ps
Love the touch of green as well...

Arthur Morris
11-07-2020, 01:50 PM
Love the BKGR ... I am confused what you mean by "Full size was still 4MB..." The downstroke would have been sweeter.

with love, a

Brian Sump
11-07-2020, 04:37 PM
Hi Brian,
I was going to say looks great for 4MB but the reality is if you hadn't said so, I'd have thought it was full frame. IQ looking good with plenty of details. Love the under and over wing view from this pose. The BG is killer, as usual. TFS

ps
Love the touch of green as well...

David, thankful that you chimed in! Comments received.

Love the BKGR ... I am confused what you mean by "Full size was still 4MB..." The downstroke would have been sweeter.

with love, a

Thanks Artie. Meaning before resizing, the file size was around 4MB and to me that's not too crazy of a crop, however I still didn't want to crop any tighter for concern of losing IQ.

Yes the highly coveted down stroke is always great but not in the cards in this series.

William Dickson
11-07-2020, 04:54 PM
Hi Brian...I have compared this one to your Shoveler....IMO the Shoveler is more pleasing to the eye...I like the colours here...but the IQ is lacking that of the Shoveler

Will

Brian Sump
11-07-2020, 06:38 PM
Hi Brian...I have compared this one to your Shoveler....IMO the Shoveler is more pleasing to the eye...I like the colours here...but the IQ is lacking that of the Shoveler

Will

Will your input is meaningful, thank you. Maybe this one's just not up to snuff.

Krishna Prasad kotti
11-08-2020, 12:18 AM
Very nice. Clean background.

TFS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel Cadieux
11-08-2020, 06:10 AM
Nicely done with a super-fast duck. Set against a smooth golden BG too. I'm more and more sold on this mirror-less thing, now if my 7DII can just quit breathing for a good excuse to present my wife for a camera body upgrade lol.

Brian Sump
11-08-2020, 05:31 PM
Very nice. Clean background.

TFS

Krishna, always glad to have your feedback. Thank you!

Nicely done with a super-fast duck. Set against a smooth golden BG too. I'm more and more sold on this mirror-less thing, now if my 7DII can just quit breathing for a good excuse to present my wife for a camera body upgrade lol.

Daniel, excuse? A massage appointment and roses can go a long way ;-) You're taking some great frames with the 7DII but I think getting an R5 in your hands would really blow you away. It's not perfect but so many benefits to love.

Daniel Cadieux
11-08-2020, 06:27 PM
He he, she already gets those just for being her:c3:. I'm gonna have to step up my game.

A friend of mine up here got an R5 recently, and let me try it for a bit. Fun!

Brian Sump
11-08-2020, 09:52 PM
He he, she already gets those just for being her:c3:. I'm gonna have to step up my game.

A friend of mine up here got an R5 recently, and let me try it for a bit. Fun!

You're a good man!

Did enjoy the test drive? Kinda weird eh?!

Daniel Cadieux
11-09-2020, 07:14 AM
I did enjoy it. Yes, kinda weird...did I just take the picture or not? lol.

Brian Sump
11-09-2020, 09:58 AM
I did enjoy it. Yes, kinda weird...did I just take the picture or not? lol.

EXACTLY! Still acclimating to that