PDA

View Full Version : Juvenile Blackbird (F)

Steve Kaluski
11-02-2020, 01:18 PM
This young blackbird had great delight in stripping the berries from this Berberis bush whilst using the Buddleia as a steady platform to perch on in the garden. The soft fruit was very welcome and also gave her some moisture too.

Files are so clean at ISO 4k.

Thanks to those who viewed or commented on the previous posting.

Steve

Subject: Blackbird (Turdus merula) feeding on Berberis berries
Camera: Canon EOS-1D X Mark III HH
Lens: EF200-400mm f/4L IS USM EXT
Exposure: 1/800s at f/5.6 ISO4000
Original format: Landscape, very slight crop
Processed via: LR Classic 9.4 & PSCC2020

Note: The subject is fully wild and completely unconstrained. Besides the potential impact of my presence, nothing has been done to intentionally alter or affect the ongoing behavior of the subject and, of course, there has been no use of any form of bait or other form of wildlife attractants (including vocalisations) in the capture of this image.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-02-2020, 01:34 PM
Cool image of the Blackbird Steve and the berry is an added bonus. Wish for a better HA but minor nit. Nicely captured! Glad the 1DX III files are clean at that ISO.

Steve Kaluski
11-02-2020, 01:53 PM
Super clean Sanjeev, especially at higher ISO, but at low it’s like shooting at 100!!!!

Paul Burdett
11-03-2020, 06:30 PM
Lovely environmental shot Steve. Yes, a better HA would have been nice, but I'm ok as is. Some might say the BG is a little too busy, but in this case the colours contrast nicely with the bird's colouring. I do think the wing area is a little soft and a tad noisy. TFS

Steve Kaluski
11-04-2020, 03:19 AM
Thanks Paul, a fraction soft due to the shallow DoF, but no noise, exposed perfectly via ETTR. Definitely busy BKG, but it's in 'natural' settings/habitat so it is what it is.

Cheers.