PDA

View Full Version : theme: yellow in the snow

annmpacheco
11-01-2020, 07:34 PM
First snow storm Friday and I shot this from my kitchen window! American goldfinch on a crabapple branch, which are being eaten as they ripen.

D5
840mm
nearly full frame

ISO 1600
1/1600

Krishna Prasad kotti
11-01-2020, 08:36 PM
Snow and Background colors are so nice.

I think I would like this image more if the bird is in the top right corner.

Still, this works well.

TFS

annmpacheco
11-01-2020, 09:32 PM
Snow and Background colors are so nice.

I think I would like this image more if the bird is in the top right corner.

Still, this works well.

TFS

Thanks Krishna, nearly full frame, so this is the best i have.

Brian Sump
11-01-2020, 11:23 PM
Ann, such a fall/winter feel here. And from your kitchen, really? That's a nice view...

Like the red pop from the cherries/crabapples a lot and the snow is super. I could take or leave the orange stems above.

Pose on the Finch is great. It appears you ran DNAI on it? One thing I don't love about the program is it deepens blacks so much and the blacks on the finch look super deep and blocked.

Otherwise, it has a wonderful frame. Look forward to more from said blind ;-)

gail bisson
11-02-2020, 08:23 AM
Love the snow flakes!
Pose on bird is good and the red berries add a lot to the image.
I do find the image a bit dark.
Did you use Denoise AI on the bird? I always mask the bird out but sometimes allow the feet to be denoised.
Gail

John Mack
11-02-2020, 07:47 PM
Love a bird in the snow. Or anything in the snow really. That dark background makes the flakes really stand out. Nice pose on the finch. The perch with the crab apples makes a nice touch.

David Roach
11-02-2020, 09:58 PM
I love the feel of this one and the mood it evokes. The high contrast and darker areas add to this mood. Very different from the usual full winter whiteout. TFS

William Dickson
11-03-2020, 02:41 PM
Very nice Ann...Great scene and pleasing to the eye...Yes Christmasy...Love the pose you captured with that HA. Since this is almost FF I would try a crop from the top, leaving the thin branch in...Then a little crop on both sides. I think the bird would 'fit' in the frame better.

Will

William Dickson
11-03-2020, 02:46 PM
Just an idea....