PDA

View Full Version : Theme Palm Warbler

Joseph Przybyla
10-27-2020, 06:41 PM
I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED, camera and lens supported by a monopod
1/400 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV +2/3 ISO 220 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 400mm
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2020 and Neat Image for noise reduction when needed
Cropped for composition and presentation

David Roach
10-27-2020, 06:51 PM
Sweet, sweet canvas IMHO. The light, the perch, the BG and the details all spot on. TFS

gail bisson
10-27-2020, 07:54 PM
This is a very pretty frame Joe.
I like the image design and the lovely BG and simple perch.
I would reduce the overall brightness modestly, clean up the cloning artifacts in RUC and back off a bit on the sharpening of the bird.
Worth the extra PP to make this image shine!
Gail

Brian Sump
10-27-2020, 10:22 PM
Joe, the simple composition makes this one for me.

The bird appears fairly sharp and that long green reed tells a story as it exits the frame. Bkg compliments nicely.

I think I see the same thing Gail saw - easy fix.

Nicely done.

arash_hazeghi
10-28-2020, 01:35 AM
pretty frame Joe, I like the comp and delicate balance, agree contrast and brightness can go down a bit

TFS

Joseph Przybyla
10-28-2020, 07:53 AM
This is a very pretty frame Joe.
I like the image design and the lovely BG and simple perch.
I would reduce the overall brightness modestly, clean up the cloning artifacts in RUC and back off a bit on the sharpening of the bird.
Worth the extra PP to make this image shine!
Gail

Hi Gail, thank you for viewing and commenting. I see the artifacts but don't know what they are. I didn't do any cloning on the background but I fixed them. I also cleaned up the eye and worked on the tone mapping in this repost. Thanks again for another set or eyes...

Bill Dix
10-28-2020, 10:09 AM
Sweet frame. Lovely light, bird, and comp. RP finishes it off nicely. Thanks for sharing.

Arthur Morris
10-28-2020, 03:39 PM
Sweet bird and light and BKGR. I find the leaning forward pose somewhat awkward.

with love, artie

Joseph Przybyla
10-28-2020, 05:56 PM
Sweet bird and light and BKGR. I find the leaning forward pose somewhat awkward.

with love, artie

Hey Artie, thank you for viewing and commenting. After reading your comments I can see that the pose does look a bit awkward. Here is a repost, better I think.