PDA

View Full Version : Northern plains grey langur ( Semnopithecus)

Jonathan Ashton
10-27-2020, 12:30 PM
A brief encounter at Bandhavgarh enabled me to get a quick shot of these langur monkeys from the Suzuki, hand held. I tidied up a couple of grass blades and a highly coloured leaf.

Olympus : E-M1X
Lens focal length : 210 mm
Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 421.0mm
Metering mode : Pattern
ISO Sensitivity : 1250
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
Exposure time : 1/400 sec
F number : F4
Exposure compensation : 0.0 EV
Flash : OFF

ACR/TopazDNAI/PSCC

Gabriela Plesea
10-27-2020, 01:24 PM
Well seen and captured Jon, I like the scene overall and of course, behavioural aspect with the little baby clinging to his mom:tinysmile_shy_t:

Framing is perfect - glad you managed to include that long tail - nice presentation, colours look natural.

Wish you had better light on the Langurs...but you did well under the circumstances. Pattern metering I think a good choice, I would have overexposed here a tad.

Did you get any frames with the little one facing the camera? If yes, please let us have some:S3:

Thank you so much for sharing,

Warmest regards,

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-28-2020, 11:03 AM
A good shot of the langurs with the little one clinging to the mother. Nice framing with inclusion of the tail. Good colours overall.

Andreas Liedmann
10-28-2020, 01:50 PM
Hi Jon .... I like it even if the wall is not the ideal FG or perch .
Seen them myself on this kinda environment .
Comp and the overall technical things are working well , I really like the greenery in the BG as a contrasting element.
Nive fine details in the fur ....
I might just reduce the blues in the face and some other darker parts in the subjects .

I think this is one of the better ones in terms of color rendition of your toy .... at least from my POV . You might remember that I was complaining many times about the color rendering of Olympus .

TFS Andreas

Steve Kaluski
10-29-2020, 09:35 AM
Hi Jon, lovely image, I just feel the darks & shadows are surprising a lot of the detail. Opening up the shadows and bridging up the colour I think helps bring out some of that light you had.

TFS
Steve

John Mack
10-29-2020, 07:09 PM
A tender moment for sure. Nice pose and framing. The monkey on the right has a long tail.

Jonathan Ashton
10-30-2020, 01:00 PM
Thanks very much everyone, I like your repost Steve, I do feel however perhaps lifted a little too much - giving it a slightly mist appearance.

Steve Kaluski
10-30-2020, 01:14 PM
I would give your monitor a quick clean Jon. :w3