PDA

View Full Version : skittles for the nuthatch

annmpacheco
10-25-2020, 06:49 PM
Taken in my yard with the background colors from a stained window in my shed. They are mighty quick and often engage in chase, especially last week when the resident white-breasted nuthatch family declared the lone red-breasted nuthatch an interloper: it was game on... This week, the red-breasted nuthatch is gone.

cleaned up a few dust spots and a lil white wash on a stem.

D5
600mm

ISO 2500
1/500

dankearl
10-25-2020, 06:57 PM
I would lighten the bird a bit, the whites are not even close..
Your yard shots are great, Nuthatches are the best....

Dorian Anderson
10-25-2020, 06:57 PM
The bird and the pose look great, and the direct stare is really engaging. There seems to be a bit of a blue cast on the bird's cheek, and the whole frame feels a bit cold to me. The blue behind the bird is really different but contributes to the frames overall clod/blue frame. Details are excellent, and I love the composition since the bird has so much space into which to stare.

annmpacheco
10-25-2020, 07:22 PM
here's a repost thanks guys

Jonathan Ashton
10-26-2020, 05:54 AM
Repost - much better Ann.

Joseph Przybyla
10-26-2020, 09:14 AM
Hi Ann, love your setups. The bittersweet adds some nice color. Bird, perch and background all work well together. Thank you for sharing.

Brian Sump
10-26-2020, 09:43 AM
Ann, the repost is definitely better. Did you sharped the RP more?

You get lots of mileage out of those vines and berries, love it! Perch, pose and bkg are all super!

Perhaps did you take the end of the branch off sticking up just in front of the subject? Looks a tad bit abrupt.

Geoffrey Montagu
10-26-2020, 10:06 AM
Beautifully captured, Ann. Exceptional light, great perch and really like the background. Neat pose and fine detail.

Geoffrey

http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu (http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu)

annmpacheco
10-26-2020, 11:48 AM
Ann, the repost is definitely better. Did you sharped the RP more?

You get lots of mileage out of those vines and berries, love it! Perch, pose and bkg are all super!

Perhaps did you take the end of the branch off sticking up just in front of the subject? Looks a tad bit abrupt.
there was fluff feather on top lil but so removed that. I see what you mean, thanks

William Dickson
10-26-2020, 03:59 PM
Yes the RP is looking real good Ann....Great perch, BG and detail on the bird....What a pose...and lovely colours throughout.

Will

Bill Dix
10-26-2020, 07:15 PM
Great pose and perch. RP a definite improvement in sharpness, WB and exposure. Nicely done.

gail bisson
10-27-2020, 07:11 AM
Repost is much better. The WB and whites look a lot better.
I would clone out the branch just in front of the nuthatch and definitely cut it off at the base for your next shoot!
Great BG!
Gail