PDA

View Full Version : Cormon man

Brian Sump
10-21-2020, 03:06 PM

Plain ol' Cormorant but nice to start getting some decent BIF with the new gear.

Canon R5
600mm + 1.4x
Handheld
ISO 800
1/4000
f5.6

LR and PS, DNAI

John Mack
10-21-2020, 04:05 PM
Plain ol' cormorant. I don't think so. More like excellent cormorant. Love the way the wings curl up at the tips. Nice framing,light and pose.

dankearl
10-21-2020, 06:01 PM
Very nice.. nice light and pose. Maybe sharpen the very tip of the beak a tad more.

annmpacheco
10-21-2020, 06:34 PM
Ohhhhhh wowsa, you should send that camera back Brian!!! This is fabulous, the details, the sharpness, all against the beautiful BG. Exposure is spot on! love the flight position and the lines on the feet and the two toenails! congrats!

Jerry Taylor
10-22-2020, 12:17 PM
Pretty much like everything about this. Looking forward to trying to accomplish this with my R5 as well.

William Dickson
10-22-2020, 12:47 PM
Looking good Brian....No nits here...Fab details on the bird...I have also been thinking about the R5..or even the R6(apparently better in low light conditions).....which would be better for me .

Good work

Will

Arthur Morris
10-22-2020, 05:42 PM
Looking good Brian....No nits here...Fab details on the bird...I have also been thinking about the R5..or even the R6(apparently better in low light conditions).....which would be better for me .

Good work

Will

Few pixels always equals less noise.

As for the image, it could not be better.

with love and yes, see you soon.

a

Brian Sump
10-22-2020, 10:59 PM
Plain ol' cormorant. I don't think so. More like excellent cormorant. Love the way the wings curl up at the tips. Nice framing,light and pose.

John, your comments are much apprecaited. Stoked to hear you think it's excellent!

Very nice.. nice light and pose. Maybe sharpen the very tip of the beak a tad more.

Thanks for chiming in Dan!

Ohhhhhh wowsa, you should send that camera back Brian!!! This is fabulous, the details, the sharpness, all against the beautiful BG. Exposure is spot on! love the flight position and the lines on the feet and the two toenails! congrats!

Fabulous?! Awesome thank you! Haha, have a pretty strong inclination to keep this one Ann ;-)

Pretty much like everything about this. Looking forward to trying to accomplish this with my R5 as well.

Jerry, thank you. Look forward to seeing your shots soon.

Good work

Will

Always appreciate your words Will! I hear of some issues with the R6 that are not present on the R5. If you see my Loon pic, I shot it in crop mode on the R5 - programmed the front depth of field preview button to be a toggle from FF to crop mode. I presume the effect at 1.6 crop would come out the same as shooting the R6, but there might be some IQ differences I'm not aware of.

Few pixels always equals less noise.

As for the image, it could not be better.

with love and yes, see you soon.

a

Very glad for your feedback as always. TTYT!