PDA

View Full Version : Touchdown!

gail bisson
10-20-2020, 08:44 AM
A Snowy Egret in Nova Scotia is rather unusual and even more so for Cape Breton.
Canon 1 DX3 600mm and 1.4X
Iso 400 SS 1/4000 F 7.1
About 75% FF and cloned out one light bright spot in the water.
Comments and critiques always appreciated and learned from with thanks,
Gail

annmpacheco
10-20-2020, 09:44 AM
Hi Gail, love the dark colors against the egret, so dramatic to match the touch down. Perfect parallel to sensor and your exposure was perfect, well done, i really like the blues in the water! pretty awesome.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-20-2020, 10:36 AM
Stunning landing pose with perfect timing on touch down! I love the dark BG and exposure on the bird! Great work !

Geoffrey Montagu
10-20-2020, 10:44 AM
Hi Gail,

Beautiful landing moment with full wings and tail feathers in braking positions. Liking the black water as well, setting off the nicely handled whites of the Snowy. I too like and agree with Ann on the subtle blues in the water.

Geoffrey

http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu (http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu)

Daniel Cadieux
10-20-2020, 01:47 PM
Great bird anywhere in Canada! Perfect exposure of those whites against the blacks. I only wish for more separation of the legs, but you gotta love that wing stretch!

Bill Dix
10-20-2020, 03:16 PM
Classic! Simply beautiful for all the reasons noted above.

Brian Sump
10-20-2020, 11:32 PM
Congrats Gail!

The Snowys are everywhere here during the summer but I can relate to the excitement of something different. Still remember my first encounter with one, it was awesome!

Anyhow, perfect flight landing pose and the well-exposed side on the dark bkg (as mentioned) makes this. But the splash of water at the feet puts it over the top. Composition is fantastic too.

TFS!

John Mack
10-21-2020, 04:00 PM
Love a white bird against a dark background. This one is excellent in that regard. Nice pose. The title fits the image very well. Nice detail on the bird.

Randy Stout
10-23-2020, 01:13 PM
Gail:

Agree with all the positives. Excellent timing. Like the dramatic background, in a perfect world, just a bit more separation between the bill and background would be a nice touch.

Cheers

Randy