Brian Sump
10-19-2020, 01:04 PM

Canon R5
600mm + 1.4x
Handheld
ISO 1000
1/800
f7.1

LR and PS, DNAI and Nik for detail on subject. Patched one tiny brown wake line that was pronounced and a couple water drops on the Mallard.

John Mack
10-19-2020, 01:53 PM
Lovely frame of this drake. Neat pose. Nice and eye level as well. Nice how the water fades to gold. Im a sucker for waterfowl though. Lovely frame.

annmpacheco
10-19-2020, 06:29 PM
I saw your image this morning and really liked it, but didn't have a chance to comment. The capture is so inviting, makes me study this and enjoy the preening behavior. You may have gotten all the head 'cept any yellow beak! Also, I just love the setting, super lovely soft light and colors. This is very sweet!

gail bisson
10-19-2020, 07:57 PM
This is excellent! Hurray with the processing. Looks absolutely perfect.
IQ and details on the duck are so nice.
You nailed the sharpening on this one.
Keep on figuring out the R5 for me so I can learn from you when I get mine!:bg3: Been following the conversation on FM and I was getting worried.
Gail

Brian Sump
10-20-2020, 10:13 PM
Lovely frame of this drake. Neat pose. Nice and eye level as well. Nice how the water fades to gold. Im a sucker for waterfowl though. Lovely frame.

John, really appreciate your kind comments. I am a sucker for waterfowl too and so glad you enjoyed this one!

I saw your image this morning and really liked it, but didn't have a chance to comment. The capture is so inviting, makes me study this and enjoy the preening behavior. You may have gotten all the head 'cept any yellow beak! Also, I just love the setting, super lovely soft light and colors. This is very sweet!

Ann, thanks so much! All 'cept the beak indeed, thought it was kinda fun that way.

This is excellent! Hurray with the processing. Looks absolutely perfect.
IQ and details on the duck are so nice.
You nailed the sharpening on this one.
Keep on figuring out the R5 for me so I can learn from you when I get mine!:bg3: Been following the conversation on FM and I was getting worried.
Gail

That's very encouraging thank you! It's a steep curve (did I say that already) but there's lots to like with this set up. I've been a bit frustrated getting things dialed in but feels like I'm finally getting there :-)

Arthur Morris
10-21-2020, 03:03 PM
This image is amazingly well done on all counts. The unique pose with the great look at the eye and the shape of the far wing make this one really special. "But it's just a Mallard ..." Who cares -- this one rocks.

with love, a

Brian Sump
10-21-2020, 04:22 PM
This image is amazingly well done on all counts. The unique pose with the great look at the eye and the shape of the far wing make this one really special. "But it's just a Mallard ..." Who cares -- this one rocks.

with love, a

That's really meaningful to me Artie. Thank you for your encouraging feedback!