PDA

View Full Version : Least Tern

Harold Davis
07-07-2008, 03:11 PM
taken a few months ago i think at boynton inlet. slight crop for comp. do you think i need to take more off the bottom?

D300, Bigma at 500mm, f/7.1, 1/1600s, 0EV (pretty sure it was very overcast) ISO 800, no flash, handheld.

it was a perfect afternoon where i had the wind and the sun at my back and there were some kids castnetting for bait and there were tons of birds, almost too many to choose from!!

on a side note: there are a lot of new faces in the ETL Forum and that is great to see!! and if i havent said welcome to the family, then WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!!! please dont hesitate to comment on other people's photos. you will learn more, and trust me when i say this, by commenting on other peoples photos, than you will by posting your pictures. dont be shy!! to quote artie.

as always, comments and critiques are welcome and appreciated!!!

George DeCamp
07-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Hey Harold!

I like this one, nice blue sky with puffy clouds and the bird is tilting it's head nicely toward you for eye contact!

This might also look good cropped off the bottom, almost like a pano effect.

Lance Peters
07-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Hey Harold - I LIKE - nice head angle and eye contact.
I'd be tempted to try a little shadow recovery and agree with the pano crop - think it makes it a stronger image....

Ive tried it - what do you think???

Harold Davis
07-07-2008, 04:39 PM
it's funny you mention the shadow recovery!! in the RAW file the insides of the wings look good and the wingtips are dark. when i converted to jpeg it darkened the insides and lightened the outside. almost like a totally different image.

thanks for the comments and the repost!! i like everything you did to it!

George DeCamp
07-07-2008, 05:57 PM
That's the ticket Lance,nice job!!!

Gus Cobos
07-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Nice capture Harold,
I like the pano repost Lance...good job guys...:cool:

Oscar Zangroniz
07-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Great capture my friend. Nice head angle, background and details.
Congrats

Alberto Oria
07-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Very good image Harold, great eye contact,

Alfred Forns
07-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Well said Harold !!! We do have many new faces and do want to add my welcome !!!

Would take some from the bottom Good pose and love the eye contact !!!!