PDA

View Full Version : Red Fox portrait

Andreas Liedmann
10-13-2020, 01:13 PM
Hi all , I managed to process another image .
Quite quickly .
And tried very quickly TOPAZ Denoise Ai to reduce the noise .
Image was well exposed , so it was not a ton of noise to deal with for the plugin .

Image was taken in the Netherlands and the fox is kind of habituated to human presence .

Canon EOS 1Dx
EF 500 IS L II
HH

F 9 ; Iso 6400 ; 1/1600 sec ; auto iso ; shot taken in late afternoon with partly cloudy sky .

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2020 ; slight cropped for comp from bottom and RHS .
Wish for more room on LHS , but there is none

Thansk for watching and commenting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas

John Mack
10-13-2020, 06:15 PM
Solid portrait of this red fox. I like the tail across the bottom of the frame. The background is quite nice. Detail looks good as well.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-13-2020, 11:41 PM
Lovely portrait Andreas, great details, colors and BG. The tail adds nice framing at the bottom.

Steve Kaluski
10-14-2020, 02:55 AM
The framing works, especially at the foot with the tail, different, but overall I find the colours a bit muddy, which is unusual for you Andreas, but again, just my take.

TWIW this was my thought, will the colours appearing a little cleaner/richer.

TFS
Steve

Jonathan Ashton
10-14-2020, 11:06 AM
Super shot Andreas, I like the composition but strangely enough I am not too sure about including the tail (we call it a fox's brush - just a silly old English term). Colours look great, Steve's version I like too - I suppose id depends just how much sunlight there was on the fox. Nose eyes and ears are all beautifully detailed.

Gabriela Plesea
10-14-2020, 12:16 PM
Lovely fox portrait Andreas, makes me think of a painting.

Rich colours and tonality is great. Sensible use of Topaz Denoise. Steve's version adds to the image with the subject's face looking sharper, a little brighter and with more detail. I like the composition and tail inclusion works for me, pose is superb.

Kind regards,

Andreas Liedmann
10-14-2020, 02:00 PM
Thanks folks for your kind comments , much appreciated .

Steve & Gabriela .... the RP is quite nice , I am having no reservations in general . But it does not reflect the warmish light of the scene , a touch too cold for my liking . And I disagree that " my version " does look muddy in terms of colors ... but agree that I could go a little less " heavy " in the " color tonality" as a good alternative . Just my take .

Jon ... well I like the way the brush is adding a " frame" to the image .

Gabriela .... for sure I tried to use TOPAZ Denoise with a gentle hand :w3 , and for a no brainer piece of software it worked well .

Cheers Andreas

Bretoteanu Dan
10-14-2020, 03:52 PM
Hy Andreeas, a very nice portrait of a fox. i like the intense stare, like its up to something no good and the pricked up ears. Beautiful detail in the fur and the Bg brings out the subject. Persnoaly I like Steve's repost, but as you said, colour is a mater of personal taste. The tail makes a nice frame.

Andreas Liedmann
10-15-2020, 11:19 AM
Thanx Dan for your comment , much appreciated .

Cheers Andreas

haseeb badar
10-15-2020, 01:22 PM
This is a cracking Portrait Andreas, loved the details in their and framing works pretty well. Loved those eyes.

Colours are always subjective and to be honest I liked both , the OP as well as the RP, giving different options to the viewer and of course, to keep things in mind when processing.

All in all a fantastic frame Andreas.

TFS !

Andreas Liedmann
10-16-2020, 06:18 AM
Thanks Haseeb for your comment , much appreciated .
You are 100% right ... re color .