PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Little Lark, Big Bite

Brian Sump
10-13-2020, 12:40 AM

Taking a shot here at the theme. Not super easy to make a nice small-in-frame shot (at least for me).

This juvenile Lark Sparrow found a nice cozy spot near the limb junction of a Curl-leaf Mountain Mahogany bush. It's the same species of shrub as is in the "Limb of Whimsy" frame with the fuzzy spiral fruit.

I know to the purists the head direction hurts the image but maybe it's different enough to work.

What say you?

D850
600mm + 1.4x
Handheld
ISO 1000
1/1600
f5.6

LR and PS, DNAI. Cloned one branch in bottom left and a couple leaves from right.

Jonathan Ashton
10-13-2020, 06:10 AM
I quite like the image but I think there is more detail to be brought out in the plumage and the lores.

annmpacheco
10-13-2020, 09:52 AM
Hi brian,
I quite like a lark sparrow and this shrub is so unique, clean Bg and all together, quite a lovely frame. I don't mind the HA, I like the look... well done

David Roach
10-13-2020, 11:37 AM
HA looks fine to me and wonderful BG. Minor nit is I wish the branch wasn't going out of frame on top. TFS

ps
Like the framing of this beauty in the V of the branches.

kevin Hice
10-13-2020, 01:22 PM
Brian nice color all around background goes well with the green of the shrub. Sparrow goes well with the branch color. For me the HA is OK still have plenty of eye contact I agree with the comment about the shrub going out of the frame.Another fine submission.So natural looking. TFS

Daniel Cadieux
10-13-2020, 04:03 PM
The head angle works for me as the left side of the frame is heavily filled that it negates the empty space and makes the comp feel balanced. If it was only pure BG over there it wouldn't work as well.

Brian Sump
10-14-2020, 10:08 PM
Thank you all for your comments. I am glad to hear you like it.

Point on the branch entering top of frame received well.

John Mack
10-16-2020, 06:48 PM
Works well small in the frame. The bird is framed very nicely. Great background.