PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Dive, Bonaire

George DeCamp
07-07-2008, 12:09 PM
http://decamp.net/bpn/DSC7208.jpg
Buddy Dive Resort, Bonaire NA

Al's image of the beach brought me back to something he and I (and Michael) have in common. Diving is where I really started to cut my teeth in photography. Buddy Dive is a nice spot on the water in Bonaire. The reef right in front was one of my favorite spots to dive. Made many dive there including night dives and even early mornings so we could watch the light come up under water. We started the dive about 5am to do that.

Bonaire is a very cool place. Besides diving it is a really great spot for birds!!

Nikon D100, Nikon 17-35@17mm, image from 2004

David Steele
07-07-2008, 12:48 PM
A nice, colourful travel image George, but the horizon is skew.

George DeCamp
07-07-2008, 01:26 PM
A nice, colourful travel image George, but the horizon is skew.

Thanks David, that slipped by me! :o

Alfred Forns
07-07-2008, 04:09 PM
One of the best places for macro !!! .... not bad for flamingos and goats !!!!! Love that Island !!!!

Fabs Forns
07-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Nothing like the tropics for ocean colors. I like your palm framing :)

Gus Cobos
07-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Great place to be George. Been there myself many a time...:D Hey the water line is supposed to be that way after many many cold ones...;):p:D:):cool:

Roman Kurywczak
07-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Hey George,
Another of the places on my list to get to...........that list is getting way too long! I was thinking about getting into diving........wife not happy about me having another hobby!..........but she's willing to go.
this forum is costing me way too much money!

Judy Lynn Malloch
07-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Gorgeous looking place and wonderful capture George. The beautiful shades of blue are just awesome and I realy like the angle of this image. Many thanks for sharing.

Michael P. Centanni
07-08-2008, 08:40 AM
Great shot George! We went last May -07, and Dec-07 for a week! Love the house reef, resturants freedom of diving when ever you want! And don't forget the iguanas, great photo ops!!!

Robert Amoruso
07-08-2008, 09:29 PM
I like the framing with the foliage and palm fronds. Great color and clarity make this very appealing.

Julie Kenward
07-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Love your framing, also. Line that horizon up and you've got yourself a postcard.

Amy DeStefanis
07-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Great photo, George! We're going to be there in December. I can't wait to go back! We've planned some boat diving (it's the only way to do the 1000 steps!), but honestly, yes, the reef right in front of the resort is great for poking around and shooting macro. If you know of come good birding places on the island, let me know - last time we went, we really didn't even leave the resort (except by dive boat), but Ill venture out for flamingos.