PDA

View Full Version : Shake your bootie

George DeCamp
07-07-2008, 11:39 AM
http://decamp.net/bpn/gator_1056.jpg

Alligator Farm, St Augustine Florida

Was working on a slide show of images from the Alligator Farm today for our next NWPLI meeting and came across this one. This was made at the Alligator Farm when some of us from the club went this past May. Just wanted to share the behavior, I think it's amazing how they do this. Like a washing machine!

It was very overcast when I made this and had no flash on so it is kinda dark.

Nikon D3, 200-400VR at 280mm, ISO 800, f8, 1/640, hand held

Susan Griffith
07-07-2008, 12:20 PM
now thats a happy gator, doing his thing to get a girl :P I like the capture with the behavior.

-Susan

Alfred Forns
07-07-2008, 04:19 PM
Nailed that shake !!!! Amazing to hear particularly when there are so many going at it !!!! Great capture George !!!!

Fabs Forns
07-07-2008, 04:55 PM
I hope you were not trying to imitate it :) :)

I got that too soooooo interesting!
I'm sure the slide show will be superb!

Say hi to the olive crowd from me!

Steve Canuel
07-08-2008, 01:26 AM
The light works for me on this one George. I like the angle of the tail and head and the way the line is broken by the rippling water.
Steve

Roman Kurywczak
07-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Hey George,
I may have gone for a bit more DOF.......and room at bottom........but then again.....I'm used to landscapes! This was probably a quick turn as there is no warning. A bit dark........but you captured the action well. Now about those Olives..........I never had a beer with olies in it! Was it an appetizer?

robert hazelwood
07-15-2008, 07:34 AM
There is one gator down there that likes to be next to one of the walkway supports when he bellows. It shakes the walkway and makes the tourists think there is an earthquake. Guess he likes to hear the squeals and shouting from above. Very good shot of the dancing water.